Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

quicker visa for Oz

quicker visa for Oz

Old Jun 5th 2002, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quicker visa for Oz

We are 10 months into our skilled indepedent application - hurrah!

But, still 10 months to go - booo

We are trying to consider all of our options and wondered if anyone has any comments, or experience of arranging a job in Oz and then getting the company to sponsor a temporary work visa. This would allow you to get out there quicker and the PR application could run at the sametime.

We have looked at the working holiday visa option but as we have a child I understand that we are not eligible !!!!
Old Jun 5th 2002, 8:03 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quicker visa for Oz

Hi,
Im sure Im right in saying that you can get an employer nominated visa to get you there quicker.
Just be careful about which vias is granted last as it automatically cancels out the previous ( I think)
Old Jun 5th 2002, 11:23 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Doing exactly what you are thinking about 'mandandbri' PR application in on husbands skills, I told my work we are going anyway - so how about a transfer? Lucky for me they want me to stay with the company so we came over here in May. Our PR application is in from April 2001 so we get to do the 2nd part of our wait in Sunny (wet) Sydney. I must say it beats the hell out of hanging around for the postman and AHC in London. The company has to get approval from DIMIA and then all the family still need to meet medical requirements but not as stringent as PR so it is an extra cost. Unless the company you find want to support you with your move!!! Nice one - I got house moving costs and flights. If for some reason we do not get the final PR, we still get four years on our Work Visas - more if we can get them extended. Good luck
Old Jun 5th 2002, 11:25 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - meant to say we are on a Temp Work 457 on my IT Skills. PR Application is Independent Skills, Printer.