British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Quick quick slow (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/quick-quick-slow-nz-209153/)

sofistek Feb 10th 2004 9:52 am

Quick quick slow (NZ)

Well, after finding a job in Wellington, I got my future employer to fax the job offer to NZIS in London. It was faxed on the 27th Jan, after a couple of e-mails, I got confirmation on the 29th that the fax had been received and that our application was put on the priority list. I then heard nothing but asked someone from my future company to use a contact in NZ House to find out what was going on. He got back to me on the 5th of Feb to say that a letter of approval was sent out on the 4th! That was the day my son delivered the hard copy of the job offer to NZ House. But I hadn't heard anything about even a case officer being assigned.

At the end of last week, the letter still hadn't arrived. I was getting anxious again yesterday after the post came, but no letter. I was going to wait one more day before getting in touch with NZIS again but the letter arrived this morning. It was postmarked the 9th, but dated the 4th, so it took a few days to work its way to the "out" pile in NZ House.

At least now I have the letter and plan to visit NZ House to have our passports stamped, so I can fly out in two weeks (the family will join me later). So Wellington here I come.

:D

jandjuk Feb 10th 2004 10:37 am

congrats.... I'm sure you'll like it out there!

robernelli Feb 10th 2004 11:12 am

Yes well done Sofistek, keep us updated. We should be in Wellington Mid April.

Rob

helinuk Feb 10th 2004 11:57 am

Re: Quick quick slow (NZ)

Originally posted by sofistek
Well, after finding a job in Wellington, I got my future employer to fax the job offer to NZIS in London. It was faxed on the 27th Jan, after a couple of e-mails, I got confirmation on the 29th that the fax had been received and that our application was put on the priority list. I then heard nothing but asked someone from my future company to use a contact in NZ House to find out what was going on. He got back to me on the 5th of Feb to say that a letter of approval was sent out on the 4th! That was the day my son delivered the hard copy of the job offer to NZ House. But I hadn't heard anything about even a case officer being assigned.

At the end of last week, the letter still hadn't arrived. I was getting anxious again yesterday after the post came, but no letter. I was going to wait one more day before getting in touch with NZIS again but the letter arrived this morning. It was postmarked the 9th, but dated the 4th, so it took a few days to work its way to the "out" pile in NZ House.

At least now I have the letter and plan to visit NZ House to have our passports stamped, so I can fly out in two weeks (the family will join me later). So Wellington here I come.

well done. Hey looks like you might be just the man to give us up to the minute info on NZ .

BTW where are you in Berks? my son is just finishing school in Bracknell?
:)

sofistek Feb 10th 2004 12:33 pm

Re: Quick quick slow (NZ)

Originally posted by helinuk
well done. Hey looks like you might be just the man to give us up to the minute info on NZ .

BTW where are you in Berks? my son is just finishing school in Bracknell?
:)
I live near Newbury but have just finished some freelance work in Bracknell.

I'm not sure what you mean by up to the minute news but I'll keep you posted about how I get on.

Tony

Pollster Feb 10th 2004 12:50 pm

Wahey - good for you!!!

GetMeOutOfHere Feb 10th 2004 1:31 pm

Great news Tony.

Glad everything has come together at last and that you'll be on your way soon.

Keep in touch on how everthing goes & your experiences when there.

Don Feb 10th 2004 8:43 pm

Good news...worth the wait! :D :D :D

nell m Feb 10th 2004 9:21 pm

Well done! wow, your head must be spinning now, theres so many heading out in the next few weeks, cant wait til its us!

sofistek Feb 10th 2004 9:36 pm

Originally posted by nell m
Well done! wow, your head must be spinning now, theres so many heading out in the next few weeks, cant wait til its us!
You're going out in 2005, nell? Why such a wait?