Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quick question about suburbs...Melbourne

Quick question about suburbs...Melbourne

Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:53 am
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick question about suburbs...Melbourne

Well WE ARE HERE! Finally online. Staying in St Kilda at the moment but needing to be realistic about where to settle. If anyone could help me with a couple of questions I'd really appreciate it. How long is the commute from Berwick? How long to the beach? At the moment we are torn between Hampton and Mt Eliza, pretty extreme, so we are trying to broaden our choices, there's hardly anything in our price bracket to rent!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: Quick question about suburbs...Melbourne

Originally Posted by baglady
Well WE ARE HERE! Finally online. Staying in St Kilda at the moment but needing to be realistic about where to settle. If anyone could help me with a couple of questions I'd really appreciate it. How long is the commute from Berwick? How long to the beach? At the moment we are torn between Hampton and Mt Eliza, pretty extreme, so we are trying to broaden our choices, there's hardly anything in our price bracket to rent!
So what is your price range and for what style of property? And for how may people?

Neil
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:02 pm
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question about suburbs...Melbourne

Originally Posted by wongstonn
So what is your price range and for what style of property? And for how may people?

Neil
Hi Neil, we are looking for a four bed minimum, up to a max of $650 per week. We would prefer a modern property for rent, some of the older ones I've looked at I'd be itching to do work on! There's not much available in that bracket down the coast, Hampton, Beaumaris (not looking at Edithvale, Aspendale, patterson lakes nor Carrum), which seems to be smaller lets and there doesn't seem to be much at the moment in Mount Eliza. In any event, we think we need a closer suburb than the latter as I will need to work at some time in the future and really do not want a long comute then, plus we don't want to move our daughter once she has started school. We accept we might need to move inland, hence our interest in Berwick. If there are any suburbs you would recommend we have a look at, I'd be really grateful.