Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quick question...

Quick question...

Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold
Cool Quick question...

Can anyone help with a quick question please? I have posted this on the immigration forum but have not yet had a response. My sister-in-law is really tempted to come out to Australia for a year while we're out there - perhaps on a working holiday visa. Does anyone know anything about this please? She's 30 at the moment and will be 31 in March. If she gets on to it now and was to be issued with one, how long would it be valid for? Is it valid for a year or for one year from date of issue?
Any advice gratefully received (we're at her house and we leave on Thursday and she's desparate to know).
Many thanks
Matt
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Quick question...

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
Can anyone help with a quick question please? I have posted this on the immigration forum but have not yet had a response. My sister-in-law is really tempted to come out to Australia for a year while we're out there - perhaps on a working holiday visa. Does anyone know anything about this please? She's 30 at the moment and will be 31 in March. If she gets on to it now and was to be issued with one, how long would it be valid for? Is it valid for a year or for one year from date of issue?
Any advice gratefully received (we're at her house and we leave on Thursday and she's desparate to know).
Many thanks
Matt
Visas are usually valid from the date of issue.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:11 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default Re: Quick question...

Many thanks
Matt
I may be wrong but I believe for the 1 year working holiday visa 30 is the cut off age.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Matt
This is the scenario as I understand it. If she applies before her 31st birthday (say she applies on 28th Feb 2006) she will be issued with a visa valid for a year. She will have to enter Australia before 28th Feb 2007 when the visa expires. She will then get one year's stay from the day she enters. So if she left it till the last minute, and enters on 28th Feb 2007, she can stay until 28th Feb 2008.

No idea if she'd get the optional extra year though (qualifying by working as a fruit picker or whatever they have to do) - as she'd be well over 31 by the time the year is up.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickyc
This is the scenario as I understand it. If she applies before her 31st birthday (say she applies on 28th Feb 2006) she will be issued with a visa valid for a year. She will have to enter Australia before 28th Feb 2007 when the visa expires. She will then get one year's stay from the day she enters. So if she left it till the last minute, and enters on 28th Feb 2007, she can stay until 28th Feb 2008.

No idea if she'd get the optional extra year though (qualifying by working as a fruit picker or whatever they have to do) - as she'd be well over 31 by the time the year is up.

Cool. I think that answers the question. Thanks...