Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quick Query....TRA?

Quick Query....TRA?

Old May 30th 2004, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough
Default Quick Query....TRA?

Havent come across this anywhere and not sure what u guys are talking about, could someone explain TRA to me, should I have one, where do I get one and how much does it/they cost?

Ta
Old May 30th 2004, 12:46 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

TRA is the Trades Recognition, the first stage in obtaining a PR visa. You send off your employment history together with references from every company you worked for, certificates relating to your postition etc etc.

Within 16 weeks they assess it and give you a catagory in which you will be eligible to apply for PR. They are extremely particular and every piece of paperwork must be correct and very detailed.

TRA and the others are the most important piece of paperwork, without it you cannot apply for a visa to Oz.

Check this website:
http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D529,00.html
or do a search on posting from this site.

Good luck !
Old May 30th 2004, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by irishmolly
TRA is the Trades Recognition, the first stage in obtaining a PR visa. You send off your employment history together with references from every company you worked for, certificates relating to your postition etc etc.

Within 16 weeks they assess it and give you a catagory in which you will be eligible to apply for PR. They are extremely particular and every piece of paperwork must be correct and very detailed.

TRA and the others are the most important piece of paperwork, without it you cannot apply for a visa to Oz.

Check this website:
http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D529,00.html
or do a search on posting from this site.

Good luck !
thanks, unsure if i will need this as the trades on the website you posted are not relevant to my skills, but now worried I havent got any skills which would benefit Oz whatsoever

:scared:
Old May 30th 2004, 10:26 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by trainee_pilot
thanks, unsure if i will need this as the trades on the website you posted are not relevant to my skills, but now worried I havent got any skills which would benefit Oz whatsoever

:scared:
Well um what skills do you have? And more importantly can you get enough points (which may or may not entail persuading the relevant Oz body and/or state to recognise your skills)?