Quick Hello

Old Dec 19th 2003, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Ginger Whinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Quick Hello

Hi all,

Just to say hello from Melbourne. Been here 3 months and just starting to feel a bit more like home I think.

Must thank the forum for the great amount of help I got with the migration. Had the visa and was about 6 weeks from leaving UK when I found you all. Just in time I reckon! Provided a lot of great help with moving and all the regulations and details which we had not thought about at all.

Still finding out loads of differences about Aus that just would not have thought about at all and it is a bit weird having Christmas in the summer ! Still to do the Christmas shopping as spend too much time watching cricket and drinking very cold beer.

Are there many others in Melbourne? - What is happening to the weather? Does it always change 20°C every other day?

GW
Old Dec 19th 2003, 4:39 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Quick Hello

Originally posted by Ginger Whinger
Hi all,

Just to say hello from Melbourne. Been here 3 months and just starting to feel a bit more like home I think.

Must thank the forum for the great amount of help I got with the migration. Had the visa and was about 6 weeks from leaving UK when I found you all. Just in time I reckon! Provided a lot of great help with moving and all the regulations and details which we had not thought about at all.

Still finding out loads of differences about Aus that just would not have thought about at all and it is a bit weird having Christmas in the summer ! Still to do the Christmas shopping as spend too much time watching cricket and drinking very cold beer.

Are there many others in Melbourne? - What is happening to the weather? Does it always change 20°C every other day?

Welcome to Oz!! Good luck and have a good hot Christmas!

GW
Old Dec 19th 2003, 5:06 am
ABCDiamond

I've never been to Melbourne, but i've heard that the weather down there is "changeable"

Old Dec 19th 2003, 5:23 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Hi all,

GW
Hi ginger, yeh im in Melbourne whereabouts are you in Melbourne? pm me if you like, take care
johanne
Old Dec 19th 2003, 5:35 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

yep ginge, we are in Melb and about to move near johanne, near Berwick. Weather is changable, thank god wasn't wednesday horrible
Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Johanne,

We are in Kew for now. Lovely area but not a hope of being able to buy here!

The heat I can get used to if it was more consistent but at the moment it is more "changeable" than I expected.

Still - it is a big improvment on Manchester in December....

GW
Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Johanne,

The heat I can get used to if it was more consistent but at the moment it is more "changeable" than I expected.

GW
hi GW

I'm in Manchester in December and its freezing. should be joining you in Melbourne around may/june 04. you a blue or a red, I'm a blue in sunny rochdale. hows melbourne?? cant wait to get there

andy t
Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by andy thomas
hi GW

I'm in Manchester in December and its freezing. should be joining you in Melbourne around may/june 04. you a blue or a red, I'm a blue in sunny rochdale. hows melbourne?? cant wait to get there

andy t
You'll be blue in Melbourne as well when you get there.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I'm told you can get an excellent kdoner kebab with garlic sauce in Rochdale.

Other than that I feel I can contribute little to this thread, though I have been drunk in both Melbourne and Manchester, and only threatened by a large fella with a gun in one of them.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 11:31 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS
I'm told you can get an excellent kdoner kebab with garlic sauce in Rochdale.

Other than that I feel I can contribute little to this thread, though I have been drunk in both Melbourne and Manchester, and only threatened by a large fella with a gun in one of them.
RichS have you ever tried Sabbaba on Hall St Bondi Beach? Their kebabs are out of this world, even when sober! The beef one is my favourite.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we're in Melbourne. been here about 3 weeks, 2 in our house in south yarra. we're finding the idea of a warm christmas odd too, although had to dry our post out today as it had got soaked in all this rain. we've managed to do all the paperwork bits with medicare and tax file numbers but not found jobs as yet as the market is quiet at the mo due to christmas. hope you're settling in well. we cheated with the christmas shopping this year and did it all on line. left more time for beer and cricket! good luck with it all.
parrot
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Andy T,

A Middlesbrough fan for my sins! But Aussie rules is the game here and I have still to understand it that much. I will pick a team to follow next season and see if I can understand the rules.

Where I am I should support Hawthorn - anyone have any idea how good they are - all I know is they did not make the finals this year?

PS It was fun to be here for the rugby though

GW
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 11:37 am

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by andy thomas
hi GW

andy t
Hi Andy...hows Rochdale these days? I used to live in Oldham, going back 3 years though, i used to go to Rochdale shopping in the wheatsheaf.
Been in Melbourne for 1 month now and loving it...Maybe you could make it to a meetup at some point next year,
johanne
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 11:41 am

Johanne,

GW
Hi ginge, im living in Ferntree Gully at the mo. It doesnt feel like x-mas whatsoever but hey id rather have warm and sunny than freezing mi tits off in blighty ( although today has been bobbins) gonna be 30 degrees on thursday so not all bad is it.....
johanne
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by johanne
Hi ginge, im living in Ferntree Gully at the mo. It doesnt feel like x-mas whatsoever but hey id rather have warm and sunny than freezing mi tits off in blighty ( although today has been bobbins) gonna be 30 degrees on thursday so not all bad is it.....
johanne

Johanne,

We are off to Malaysia Christmas Eve to spend 10 days with family there. Can guarantee hot and sticky weather in KL and I am looking forward to the break! 3 very busy months since we got here but have had a fantastic time. Roll on 2004

GW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.