a quick hello

Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:12 am
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink a quick hello

hi all

just thought i would let you know that i have arrived well. the flight was horrible. but since then all is good. started work the next day after arriving and am learning new things every day. the house we bought (i only saw it on the internet) is great in reality and we even got a car in brisbane yesterday so are able to drive around. on the 18th the contract passes and we move in on the 19th (now we are at bf's parents).
have met a couple of bf's friends.... so you see, i am happy, rose tinted glasses still firmly on. all is good. just waiting for the negative brigade telling me it will get worse from now on.....

should you have any questions re sunshine coast hinterland area or de facto partnership visa, maybe i can answer them. right now i am just trying to find my way around, the worst is driving on the left hand side of the road!

ah yes, customs and immigration were easy, like entering as tourist. just got asked three times about food items while waiting at the luggage belt, that's all. the puppy dogs are cute (the ones they use for detecting food and drugs), don't even try bringing anything in. they can detect food that was in the bag one week ago .

well, i am wishing every one all the best...

barbara
Old Dec 12th 2003, 1:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Barbara, Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound and things are good so far! Hope it continues!! I still have my rose-tinted glasses on too and don't regret for a minute making the move!
I could be really negative and tell you it'll get worse - after all I've been here 6 weeks now, but I'd be lying, it hasn't got worse, in fact every day it gets a little better and feels a little more like "home".
Dopn't know if you've seen the thread, or even if you are interested, but there is an Expats meet at Wynnum, south of the Gateway Bridge, on Sunday from about 11 onwards - come along if you fancy meeting any of us! (see thread Possible Brisbane Meet, now about 2/3 days back I think).

Good luck, hope things keep good for you and bf!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:31 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Barbara,

I'm glad the house met your expectations, I remember you saying how lovely it was from the photos. I have no idea how you had the stamina to start work the day after your horrible flight. I was jet-lagged for a couple of weeks.

Good Luck in Brissy
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Barbara, great to hear that you seem to be settling in so well. No negatives vibes here, as long as it hasnt been too hot for you the last few days . Glad that its all working out for you, good luck with the house etc

(Donna, that reindeer is SO cute!!!!!! )
Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad things are looking good for you
Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:55 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a quick hello

Originally posted by bawi
hi all

just thought i would let you know that i have arrived well. the flight was horrible. but since then all is good. started work the next day after arriving and am learning new things every day. the house we bought (i only saw it on the internet) is great in reality and we even got a car in brisbane yesterday so are able to drive around. on the 18th the contract passes and we move in on the 19th (now we are at bf's parents).
have met a couple of bf's friends.... so you see, i am happy, rose tinted glasses still firmly on. all is good. just waiting for the negative brigade telling me it will get worse from now on.....

should you have any questions re sunshine coast hinterland area or de facto partnership visa, maybe i can answer them. right now i am just trying to find my way around, the worst is driving on the left hand side of the road!

ah yes, customs and immigration were easy, like entering as tourist. just got asked three times about food items while waiting at the luggage belt, that's all. the puppy dogs are cute (the ones they use for detecting food and drugs), don't even try bringing anything in. they can detect food that was in the bag one week ago .

well, i am wishing every one all the best...

barbara
nice to hear you are getting settled so quickly!!
wondered how you were getting on...

sue