Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

questions questions questions

questions questions questions

Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default questions questions questions

I will be starting my application real soon and have a few questions to ask.

how long does it usally take for a spouse visa to go through?
how long after the visa is grated do i have to move out to oz?

also i was out in oz a few weeks ago looking at differant places to live and i found shailer park, whats it like there? its seems very nice and in between brissy and the gold coast.

cheers
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions questions questions

Originally Posted by Pickle

also i was out in oz a few weeks ago looking at differant places to live and i found shailer park, whats it like there? its seems very nice and in between brissy and the gold coast.

cheers
Front loaded spouse visas have been known to take just a week but may take longer. Depends on the evidence you supply and how long you've been together I suppose, or how big their workload is!

Once you've got your visa you have to validate it within 12 months of the medicals or police check, whichever is dated first. You can then return home, but believe you have 5 years to move permanently before it expires and you have to start again.

Can't tell you about Shailer Park, though Brisbane and surrounds is of interest to me too so I'd be interested in the replies you get.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The first bit has been answered. My spouse visa came through within a week but we have been together 20+ years and have two children.

Andrew63 lives in Tanah Merah, you could pm him for more info about Shailer Park.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pickle

cheers

My spouse defacto took less than a week to be processed. That was last month. I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years.