Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

questions,question and more questions

questions,question and more questions

Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:08 am
Just Joined

rx300 is on a distinguished road
Default questions,question and more questions

Hi there please hang in there with me as new to this sort of thing.
Hubby and are just at the early stages of talking about moving family to oz like the look of sunshine coast and also Buderim
I have been told that we wouldn't like Buderim as it more for single or retired people. We have 2 lovely daughters aged 4 & 8 and i am 28 and hubby is 37
and we live in Kent at the moment so i didnt want to be in the city of Brisbane.I was not sure if hubby will have to commute to city for work as he is in insurance not sure on if there's much call for it sunshine coast?If this would be the case was wondering what the driving time would be into Brisbane city?
help please.
Also i like d the look of the new type villages like Kawana forest etc any views on them i thought they would be good way for children to make friends.
and wondered if there were many Expats there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my endless list of questions,
any advice would be helpful as like i said only just started talking about move over the weekend so nothing certain as yet.
Michelle
x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:18 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: questions,question and more questions

Hi Michelle - I can't help with your questions as QLD is not an area that we're looking at, but just to say hello and welcome you to the madhouse!

Nicky
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rx300
Hi there please hang in there with me as new to this sort of thing.
Hubby and are just at the early stages of talking about moving family to oz like the look of sunshine coast and also Buderim
I have been told that we wouldn't like Buderim as it more for single or retired people. We have 2 lovely daughters aged 4 & 8 and i am 28 and hubby is 37
and we live in Kent at the moment so i didnt want to be in the city of Brisbane.I was not sure if hubby will have to commute to city for work as he is in insurance not sure on if there's much call for it sunshine coast?If this would be the case was wondering what the driving time would be into Brisbane city?
help please.
Also i like d the look of the new type villages like Kawana forest etc any views on them i thought they would be good way for children to make friends.
and wondered if there were many Expats there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my endless list of questions,
any advice would be helpful as like i said only just started talking about move over the weekend so nothing certain as yet.
Michelle
x
Not familiar with the Brisbane area (but there'll be someone along in a minute who is) but just wanted to say hi and welcome and good luck with the process you're undertaking. What prompted you to begin the emigration process?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hi Michelle - I can't help with your questions as QLD is not an area that we're looking at, but just to say hello and welcome you to the madhouse!

Nicky

THANK YOU IT ALL SEEMS SO EXCITING.

Michelle
x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hutch
Not familiar with the Brisbane area (but there'll be someone along in a minute who is) but just wanted to say hi and welcome and good luck with the process you're undertaking. What prompted you to begin the emigration process?

To be honest a combination of the weather the Tax Man and the lack of time husband gets to spend with the children and when he does its cold and wet

Just an all round better lifestyle.

kind regards
Michelle
x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:29 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest a combination of the weather the Tax Man and the lack of time husband gets to spend with the children and when he does its cold and wet

Just an all round better lifestyle.

kind regards
Michelle
x
Hi Michelle, welcome to BE, and the journey of your lives Don't want to rain on your parade, but have you checked if your eligible for visas yet? We ASSUMED we were when we first started out and boy were we wrong. There are routes available to us, but it's not as straightforward as we originally thought and I'd hate for you to get all set for somewhere only to find you might need to look elsewhere becuase of visa restrictions.

Best of luck with it all.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:11 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Michelle,

I used to live in Kent, whereabouts are you?

Good luck with everything. What type of visa are you looking at?

Jackie x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Welcome Michelle,

I used to live in Kent, whereabouts are you?

Good luck with everything. What type of visa are you looking at?

Jackie x

Biggin hill

and looking into skilled visa
michelle
x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: questions,question and more questions

Biggin hill

and looking into skilled visa
michelle
x
HI

Well we do live on the coast and know Buderim very well. My brother rented there for a year and my hockey club is there too.
Buderim is great - no it is not just for old people!! there are some very good primary schools - the nearest state school is Mountain Creek (very large but seems to have a good reputation), there is also a very good private school Matthew Flinders Anglican I think. Buderim is only 5-10 minutes from the beach at Moololabah and 5 minutes to the highway. The drive to Brisbane is approx 1 1/4 ish hours - no rail line in buderim so nearest train station probably would be Woombye - I'm sure someone would know. I would notliketo commute by car to Brisbane myself but I reckon a lot of people do. I suppose somewhere like Ca;oundra would be closer but not by much.
There are planty of sports clubs, swimming pool, lots of restaurants, cafes, a big woolies etc all in buderim centre.

There are a fair few people on this forum who live in buderim - they could more that likely give you more info. I would say it is quite upmarket and probably has less of the problems than being right on the Coast. Its a great place to live - only wish I could afford to live there!!

SJ
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: questions,question and more questions

hi michelle

look at the site bribane smile, it gives really good info on areas/schools/places to go ext

good luck with everything

geex