Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Questions about Medicals.....

Questions about Medicals.....

Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:06 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Questions about Medicals.....

:scared: Please can somebody help me out with a few questions I have about medicals?????

1. If your BMI is 26 or over do you "fail" the medical. Will they still allow you to emigrate if your BMI is assessed as 26+??

2. Do you need to take your medical records with you?

3. If you have already had injections (such as Hep B) do you need to take evidence with you?

4. If you are taking a young child, do you need to take their "red" medical history book with you..?

5. How do you arrange the Xrays? Do you just ring up the doctor to arrange the medical & he arranges the Xrays too or do you have to ring the hospital to get the xrays done???

Many Thanks guys!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:16 am
SCANNY

scanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about Medicals.....

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
:scared: Please can somebody help me out with a few questions I have about medicals?????

1. If your BMI is 26 or over do you "fail" the medical. Will they still allow you to emigrate if your BMI is assessed as 26+??

3. If you have already had injections (such as Hep B) do you need to take evidence with you?

4. If you are taking a young child, do you need to take their "red" medical history book with you..?

5. How do you arrange the Xrays? Do you just ring up the doctor to arrange the medical & he arranges the Xrays too or do you have to ring the hospital to get the xrays done???

Many Thanks guys!
Hi Jonahs mummy, have a look at the thread overweight for meds experiences pls. lots of replies that will probably ansa your questions. There are some other references to some of the questions you asked already posted. I can't ansa all the questions you asked but I'm positive someone on the site will be good enough to tell you. It is much easier if one person knows all the ansas cos it saves you trying to piece it all together-bit of a pain sometimes isn't it. Where abouts are you heading to, whats your situation?
good luck Scanny.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:22 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Many Thanks guys!

Hi,
Still unsure about BMI, I'll find out next week. Med records, as far as I'm aware no, same goes for children. I hope I haven't got to prove my jabs as I can't find my record card. With regards to xrays, there are only certain places that do them. In our area it's only BUPA and our meds need to be done elsewhere. Visit the DIMIA site and look for list on approved doctors. If you have any probs finding it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. Best wishes.
Sarah
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:33 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks guys!
As far as I know....

1. You may be placed in Category B if your BP is very high. At the least this means a slight delay (poss 3 weeks) in processing because your application will need to be vetted by a Commonwealth Medical Officer. Anyone on any meds/with an ongoing condition/receiving treatment will be Cat B. At most it may require additional testing and a trip to a consultant (expensive, usually private).

2. No. Unless you have any existing medical conditions that you receive medication or treatment for, in which case you need a letter from your GP or consultant detailing when you were diagnosed, the treatment, medication, dosage etc that you receive and your prognosis. Also take copies of any consultant reports, test results etc

3. No, but if you have them, it can't do any harm to take them in case.

4. See above.

5. Some DIMIA doctors (see the panel list) also have facilities to do the x-rays at the same place (usually hospital-based docs). In which case you can arrange both at the same time. If they don't, you'll need to find a DIMIA approved x-ray place from the panel list.

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:38 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Questions about Medicals.....

Thanks guys!