Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Questions about education system

Questions about education system

Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Questions about education system

Hi, Can anyone give me some basic information on the QLD education system.
I am 16 years old and currently hoping to train as a vet in the future.
I have done very well in my GCSE's (A's & B's) and am currently in the first year of my A levels. We plan to move to the Goldcoast in May/June so I wont have finished them.
What level of education will I join the Aus system at, what are my further education options and will my previous hard work be recognised?
Thanks Ben
Ps anyone my age with the same concerns as me please drop me a line.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Questions about education system

Ben,

Taught in Qld about 10 years ago.

From memeory:

In Yrs 11 and 12 (think most students finish at 17 years of age) studenst study six courses along the lines of the baccaluareate as opposed to three or for AS/A2 courses.

You are continually assessed through class and test work.

Your outcime score is however based upon the six subjects and a set of skills tests in Maths. English etc that account for 50% of the total.

To enter HE you get an OP score which is based on your ranking in the school and ther overall performance of the school.

No idea about the Vet bit but look at www.studyoptions.com who find places for foreign students in Oz and NZ universities.

By the way - where will go to school on the coast?

Bezza
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Questions about education system

Thanks,
I am not sure which school I will go to yet, but I just need to know what my options will be.
Thanks
Ben