Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Questions about Australia???

Questions about Australia???

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:16 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questions about Australia???

The questions below about Australia are from potential visitors. They were posted on an Australian Tourist website and the answers are actual responses by the website officials who obviously have a great sense of humour. Enjoy!

Q. Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do plants grow? (UK)
A. We import all plants fully grown, then sit around drinking beer and watch them slowly die.

Q. Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A. Depends on how much you've been drinking.

Q. I want to walk from Perth to Sydney. Can I follow a railway track? (Canada)
A. Sure, it's only 3000 miles; take plenty of water and a tent.

Q. Is it safe to run around the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)
A. So, it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q. Are there many ATM's in Australia? If so, can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and Perth? (Ireland)
A. What did your last slave die of?

Q. Can you give me information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A. A-fri-ca is a big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that very big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not.....oh forget it! Sure, there's hippo racing every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, Sydney. Come naked!

Q. Which direction is north in Australia? (USA)
A. Face south then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send you the rest of the directions.

Q. Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (Germany)
A. Why? Use your fingers like we do.

Q. Can you please send me the schedule of the Vienna Boys Choir? (USA)
A. Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is.....oh forget it! Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night straight after the hippo racing. Come naked!

Q. Can I wear high heels in Australia? (Japan)
A. You are a Japanese politician, right?

Q. Please send me a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A. Rattlesnakes live in Am-er-ica which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are harmless, can be handled safely by Americans and make excellent pets.

Q. Are there any supermarkets in Sydney and do they sell fresh milk all year round? (Finalnd)
A. No! We are a peaceful civilisation of vegans. Milk is illegal.

Q.I have a question about a famous Australian animal that lives in trees, but I have forgotten it's name. I think it's a kind of bear. (USA)
A. It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can keep them off by spraying yourself with human urine. We recommend that you should always do this before going out for a walk.

Q. Do they sell perfume in Australia? (France)
A. No! WE don't stink.

Q. I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Please tell me where I can sell it in Australia. (USA)
A. Anywhere where there are significant numbers of Americans.

Q. Can you tell me the region in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A. Yes! Gay nightclubs.

Q. Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (USA)
A. Only at Christmas.

Q. I was in Australia in 1969 on holiday and I want to contact a girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross. Can you help please? (UK)
A. Yes and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q. Will I be able to speak English in most places in Australia? (USA)
A. Yes, but you will have to learn it first.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about Australia???

Originally Posted by Juliecabs

I like it. My boss is South African and when working in Cape Town in the 70s he had to deal with the London office.

One day whilst on the phone to London a car in the street backfired and the guy from London heard that and asked what it was, so the reply was that a Lion was trying to enter the office so the security guard had to shoot it!!!

And the guy in London, thinking that Cape Town streets have lions and zebras walking down them, believed him!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:24 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I like it. My boss is South African and when working in Cape Town in the 70s he had to deal with the London office.

One day whilst on the phone to London a car in the street backfired and the guy from London heard that and asked what it was, so the reply was that a Lion was trying to enter the office so the security guard had to shoot it!!!

And the guy in London, thinking that Cape Town streets have lions and zebras walking down them, believed him!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

JayJay 88 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Julie, that really made me laugh..
Old Sep 24th 2005, 1:21 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

class thanks, made me really smile
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:22 am
calm down

goldcoastbound is an unknown quantity at this point

The questions below about Australia are from potential visitors. They were posted on an Australian Tourist website and the answers are actual responses by the website officials who obviously have a great sense of humour. Enjoy!

Q. Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do plants grow? (UK)
A. We import all plants fully grown, then sit around drinking beer and watch them slowly die.

Q. I want to walk from Perth to Sydney. Can I follow a railway track? (Canada)
A. Sure, it's only 3000 miles; take plenty of water and a tent.

Q. Is it safe to run around the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)
A. So, it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q. Are there many ATM's in Australia? If so, can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and Perth? (Ireland)
A. What did your last slave die of?

Q. Can you give me information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A. A-fri-ca is a big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that very big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not.....oh forget it! Sure, there's hippo racing every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, Sydney. Come naked!

Q. Which direction is north in Australia? (USA)
A. Face south then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send you the rest of the directions.

Q. Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (Germany)
A. Why? Use your fingers like we do.

Q. Can you please send me the schedule of the Vienna Boys Choir? (USA)
A. Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is.....oh forget it! Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night straight after the hippo racing. Come naked!

Q. Can I wear high heels in Australia? (Japan)
A. You are a Japanese politician, right?

Q. Please send me a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A. Rattlesnakes live in Am-er-ica which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are harmless, can be handled safely by Americans and make excellent pets.

Q. Are there any supermarkets in Sydney and do they sell fresh milk all year round? (Finalnd)
A. No! We are a peaceful civilisation of vegans. Milk is illegal.

Q.I have a question about a famous Australian animal that lives in trees, but I have forgotten it's name. I think it's a kind of bear. (USA)
A. It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can keep them off by spraying yourself with human urine. We recommend that you should always do this before going out for a walk.

Q. Do they sell perfume in Australia? (France)
A. No! WE don't stink.

Q. I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Please tell me where I can sell it in Australia. (USA)
A. Anywhere where there are significant numbers of Americans.

Q. Can you tell me the region in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A. Yes! Gay nightclubs.

Q. Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (USA)
A. Only at Christmas.

Q. I was in Australia in 1969 on holiday and I want to contact a girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross. Can you help please? (UK)
A. Yes and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

more much more please
Old Sep 24th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

where is this site!!!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 1:54 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
where is this site!!!!!!
Sorry, I'm not sure.
This was sent to me on an email, and I thought it would be funny on here
Julie