Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

questions about AU immigration!!

questions about AU immigration!!

Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:18 am
Just Joined

catheewu is an unknown quantity at this point
Question questions about AU immigration!!

I am trying to apply for immigration, but I have some questions. Anyone who answers my questions is highly appreciated.

1. Regarding the skill assessment, I am a fresh graduate with a master degree in IT. What should I do with skills assessment? Do I only need to send my transcript and diploma to ACS besides form and money? Do I still need to provide work experience, project report or employee referenee?
What is RPL?

2. Do I need to have my diploma and transcript certified?

3. Do I need to have medical report included in the applicaiton pack together?

4. How long does it usually take for processing time recently?

Can Anyone who have applied for the immigration share answers
with me?

Thanks!!

Cathy Wu
:lecture: :lecture:
Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:33 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: questions about AU immigration!!

Originally posted by catheewu
I am trying to apply for immigration, but I have some questions. Anyone who answers my questions is highly appreciated.

1. Regarding the skill assessment, I am a fresh graduate with a master degree in IT. What should I do with skills assessment? Do I only need to send my transcript and diploma to ACS besides form and money? Do I still need to provide work experience, project report or employee referenee?
What is RPL?

2. Do I need to have my diploma and transcript certified?

3. Do I need to have medical report included in the applicaiton pack together?

4. How long does it usually take for processing time recently?

Can Anyone who have applied for the immigration share answers
with me?

Thanks!!

Cathy Wu
:lecture: :lecture:

You're not going to like what you hear......

What can you do with your skills assessment? Throw it away. You need plenty of years of experience before you can get into Australia. Otherwise the country would be a bit overrun with people waving certificates. They want time served professionals. You would need at least four years post qualfication experience in the skill you are applying for. Try this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/index.htm
Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

If you are under 30 why not first try a working holiday visa and see if you can get 6 months pertinent aussie work experience in your chosen field .. (max 3 months one employer under WHV). Maybe it might be worth 5 points when you apply to emmigrate?

In short visit http://www.immi.gov.au and check out the various migration programmes (try 'skilled migration' first up)

My guess is that your qualification alone will not be sufficient and success would depend on the work experience you have accrued at the time of immigartion application.

Read somewhere that about six years experience or four years plus IT degree being mentioned. I don't know really.

RPL is Recognition of Prior Learning http://www.acs.org.au/static/nationa...rs/acs_rpl.htm

See also
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?attr...s&sort_order=9

Also try posting on the Immigration forum for more feedback.