Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for rugby fans in Bendigo

Question for rugby fans in Bendigo

Old May 3rd 2006, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for rugby fans in Bendigo

A search revealed 6 Nations rugby discussion in both Australia and Barbie forums, so apologies if I have it wrong.

The schedule for 2007 has just been announced and I was wondering if there were any rugby fans from Bendigo, particularly Welsh, who have managed to see any 6 Nations games?

Are there any pubs that show it?

Cheers.
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Question for rugby fans in Bendigo

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
A search revealed 6 Nations rugby discussion in both Australia and Barbie forums, so apologies if I have it wrong.

The schedule for 2007 has just been announced and I was wondering if there were any rugby fans from Bendigo, particularly Welsh, who have managed to see any 6 Nations games?

Are there any pubs that show it?

Cheers.

I heard Bendigo was a day behind everyone else.

So no SPOILERS please

Am sure there are some brits there..may not be welsh though
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hels is from Bendigo & a bit of a hooker so she should know all about the rugby.
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hels is from Bendigo & a bit of a hooker so she should know all about the rugby.

You make it sound sooooooooooo dirty!!!!

To the OP, I dont mind a game of Rugby, but not what I would call a HUGE fan. There are a load of pubs here, and I dare say there would be at least one that would show it.

I take it you are moving here? Why? When? Or are you already here?
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hels
You make it sound sooooooooooo dirty!!!!

To the OP, I dont mind a game of Rugby, but not what I would call a HUGE fan. There are a load of pubs here, and I dare say there would be at least one that would show it.

I take it you are moving here? Why? When? Or are you already here?
Yes, the wife has been offered a job in Bendigo. Errrr....because and hopefully within the next few months! No!

Being a 'house husband' I have time for few pleasures outside of caring for five kids but rugby and Guinness are two that I have etched into my contract with Denise. Of course, this is restricted to a few evenings per week but 6 Nations is a busy time.

If I have to, I will travel to Melbourne for the pleasure but this will likely result in divorce, so if there is a pub willing to show it in Bendigo, I will be stuck with her for the foreseeable future.
Old May 4th 2006, 12:01 am
Account Closed

Yes, the wife has been offered a job in Bendigo. Errrr....because and hopefully within the next few months! No!

Being a 'house husband' I have time for few pleasures outside of caring for five kids but rugby and Guinness are two that I have etched into my contract with Denise. Of course, this is restricted to a few evenings per week but 6 Nations is a busy time.

If I have to, I will travel to Melbourne for the pleasure but this will likely result in divorce, so if there is a pub willing to show it in Bendigo, I will be stuck with her for the foreseeable future.

haha!!

Well, I am sure there will be as Bendigo has a population of under 100k and yet has nearly 100 different pubs within the town.

Have you been over to check the place out yet? What work does your Mrs do? There is another couple that moved here in December last year. They are from Swindon, but dont hold that against them!! ( I have every confidence they will read that and I will get a slap next time we have drinks with them )
Old May 4th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

The coverage of the 6 Nations in NSW this season was appalling. Relegated to a half hour of highlights on Foxtel.

Last season, Foxtel covered all the games, except the home England and French matches. No idea why it changed this season.

I believe in QLD they rebroadcast the NZ Rugby channels coverage, but no such luck in NSW. You can get a live broadband feed at http://play.www.setanta.servecast.net/setanta/au/ or you need to find a pub that is open and had a Setanta satellite feed.

I suppose with the Super 14 and NRL in full swing there isn’t the capacity, and presumably there isn’t the number of viewers to warrant them showing it live.

Still haven’t seen the Scotland – England game!
Old May 4th 2006, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Check Out Bendigo Miners http://bendigofm.rugbynet.com.au/ who won the VIC regional championship last season, they should show matches down their clubhouse
Old May 4th 2006, 12:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hels
haha!!

Well, I am sure there will be as Bendigo has a population of under 100k and yet has nearly 100 different pubs within the town.

Have you been over to check the place out yet? What work does your Mrs do? There is another couple that moved here in December last year. They are from Swindon, but dont hold that against them!! ( I have every confidence they will read that and I will get a slap next time we have drinks with them )
Yet to visit and to be honest, we are more than happy with our choice. The Interwebthingy helps a great deal, as does talking to people already there. The missus is a senior social worker but we want to keep that quiet as we don't want to make enemies before we arrive........Doh!!!!
Old May 4th 2006, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hawk2005
Check Out Bendigo Miners http://bendigofm.rugbynet.com.au/ who won the VIC regional championship last season, they should show matches down their clubhouse
True. You'd think a quick post on their forum might supply an answer......
Old May 4th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Don't hold your breath, unfortunately Victorians aren't renowned for their love of rugby
Old May 4th 2006, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Don't hold your breath, unfortunately Victorians aren't renowned for their love of rugby

I think Victorians support just about any kind of sport.
Old May 4th 2006, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Yet to visit and to be honest, we are more than happy with our choice. The Interwebthingy helps a great deal, as does talking to people already there. The missus is a senior social worker but we want to keep that quiet as we don't want to make enemies before we arrive........Doh!!!!

Who else do you talk to that are already here? Do you know Kevhaze?
Old May 4th 2006, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Sattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really nice

There was quite a stink when people realised that they weren't showing this years, and a campaign was started to get them to reconsider. Apparently all was going quite well until Foxtel received this :

Originally Posted by An Anonymous Welshman
Dear FoxTel,

I have some serious and genuine concerns for the welfare of my fellow countrymen who reside in Australia.

It has been brought to my attention that there are no plans to show this season’s 6 nations tournament on your television network.

Perhaps it’s losing the World Cup final in 2003 and enduring a tough period during 2005 which resulted in a victory for Wales over the Wallabies, but you should understand the importance of rugby and especially the proud defence of our 6 Nations title to the psyche of your typical Welsh person.

You are no doubt aware of the contribution Wales has made to Australia during its continued development as a nation and a major rugby playing power.

We allowed the region surrounding Sydney to be called “New” South Wales and indeed allowed such town names as Swansea, Neath and Cardiff to be used within this area.

We allowed our victorious rugby team of the 1970’s to visit in 1978 and suffer a couple of deliberate defeats to assist in your failing development in rugby union. Our efforts in this vain have continued through the 80’s / 90’s until this year when we rightly decided that you had learnt a enough lessons on how to play. We even allowed you to defeat us and ultimately win the World Cup in Cardiff in 1999.

We have allowed you to select Welsh talent such as Nathan Sharpe, Richard Harry and Jason Jones-Hughes (although we had to bring Jason home as we mistakenly believed that he was beginning to look useful), we have also employed the services of Scott Johnson in a developmental coaching role, although we feel he is at least another 6 seasons away from being the finished article.

We have allowed our young families to move to Australia to help sire such proud Welsh Australians as Kylie, Danni, Rolf Harris and Olivia Newton John, although we don’t like to talk about Andrew Johns who chose to play the “other code”.

We have allowed your men to develop personal traits along the proven track of Welshood, including beer drinking, Sheila chasing, sport loving, sheep interference and flatulence.

Considering the above we feel that full coverage of the 6 Nations is a small price to pay to keep our two great countries aligned to ensure your continued growth and prosperity.

Tidy mun like aye,
Old May 4th 2006, 4:20 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ive already got my tickets for England V Wallabies at Telstra Dome on June 17th.
Got my Aussie flag all ready, Go Wallabies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.