Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question regarding qualifications

question regarding qualifications

Old May 24th 2004, 2:49 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default question regarding qualifications

Didnt have to worry about this for my skills assesment .However would like to find out how useful my quals are in Aus(theres a reason i ask)

Does anyone know of a website/link/organisation where you can find out if your diploma equates to a diploma in oz/your degree to an aussie degree etc etc

anyone ......please........
Old May 25th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: question regarding qualifications

This is part of a replied e-mail I received when I enquired about the same sort of thing...

When you arrive in Australia, you will need to come to our office with your original certificate, as well as your passport. We will then ask you to fill in an application form for the assessment of your overseas qualifications. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for us to issue a letter.

Regards

Brigitte d'Autriche
Information Officer
Overseas Qualifications Unit
L1, Albert Facey House
469-489 Cnr Wellington St & Forrest Place
PERTH WA 6000
Tel: (08) 9212-0112
Fax08) 9212-0105
Email: [email protected]

Not sure of any details related to costs or anything but it maybe somewhere for you to start.

Hope it helps.
Old May 25th 2004, 7:51 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
This is part of a replied e-mail I received when I enquired about the same sort of thing...

When you arrive in Australia, you will need to come to our office with your original certificate, as well as your passport. We will then ask you to fill in an application form for the assessment of your overseas qualifications. It takes approximately 3-4 weeks for us to issue a letter.

Regards

Brigitte d'Autriche
Information Officer
L1, Albert Facey House
PERTH WA 6000
Fax08) 9212-0105

Not sure of any details related to costs or anything but it maybe somewhere for you to start.

Hope it helps.
thanks T

got a few leads today - when they are complete will post them incase anyone interested

Seems that everything from school through to college/uni is convertable

-original forms(a translated copy if needed) or certified copies(if you bring originals they will photocopy them for you but if you only have copies they have to be certified)
-i.d
-and cash

Guess will depend from state to state but NSW do and as above WA.

rgds

S.
Old May 26th 2004, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove

Regards

Brigitte d'Autriche
Information Officer
L1, Albert Facey House
PERTH WA 6000
Fax08) 9212-0105

Hope it helps.
Hi Tony....

Any idea whom to contact in Melbourne?

Sarah
Old May 26th 2004, 6:10 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by seang
Didnt have to worry about this for my skills assesment .However would like to find out how useful my quals are in Aus(theres a reason i ask)

Does anyone know of a website/link/organisation where you can find out if your diploma equates to a diploma in oz/your degree to an aussie degree etc etc

anyone ......please........
Hiya seang

There is a site where you can check your qualifications against same Oz qualifications. I used this site to ensure I qualified for my points and my MBA was deemed equivelent to Oz [not all universities in UK are deemed viable in terms of their qualifications]. I needed this information BEFORE I got to Oz.

I think the info is available on the Oz government site [not got a thread I'm afraid]. Suggest you go onto DIMIA site and look to see if you can get a link from there.

Good luck

PS. PM me if you can't find and I'll take a look this evening for ya

Old May 26th 2004, 8:02 am
small steps long journey

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hiya seang

There is a site where you can check your qualifications against same Oz qualifications. I used this site to ensure I qualified for my points and my MBA was deemed equivelent to Oz [not all universities in UK are deemed viable in terms of their qualifications]. I needed this information BEFORE I got to Oz.

I think the info is available on the Oz government site [not got a thread I'm afraid]. Suggest you go onto DIMIA site and look to see if you can get a link from there.

Good luck

PS. PM me if you can't find and I'll take a look this evening for ya
PM'ed you Phoenix-thanks