Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for Pollyanna (please)

Question for Pollyanna (please)

Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Question for Pollyanna (please)

Hi Pollyanna - hope your well. I've noticed that you respond with a lot of detail when folks are querying their police checks. We received ours last night and I'm pleased to say that the Police National Computer holds no Prosecutions or Convictions (as expected). Being a natural born worrier I'm now concerned that I haven't sent off for the right document.

Can you help? Our form back from the National Identification Service is on blue & white paper and refers to Section 7, Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access and is signed by the Director of NIS. Is this right? Also - do I send the original off to DIMIA or a certified copy?

Will post this on the Immigration site as well for help.

Cheers in advance for any help you could give!

Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:47 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Out of interest, Trood, how long did it take for them to come through?

We sent off for ours yesterday and I was really surprised by the 40-50 day timescale - screws up our application somewhat as we have to be out there by mid Feb so now having to shove in a temp Work Visa app.

But if by some miracle they are getting them through quicker, it could help us.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pollster
Out of interest, Trood, how long did it take for them to come through?

We sent off for ours yesterday and I was really surprised by the 40-50 day timescale - screws up our application somewhat as we have to be out there by mid Feb so now having to shove in a temp Work Visa app.

But if by some miracle they are getting them through quicker, it could help us.

Hiya - mine came back within about 2 weeks. I rang them initially to find out about timescales as was told that they aren't as busy at the moment so it would be quicker turnaround than the 40 days quoted.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:59 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Wahey - top news!! Thanks for that
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Troood,
Cor, my name in lights! Glad to be of service!!
Yes, thats the right document, no worries there. You have to send the original to DIMIA, though I suggest keeping a copy for yourself.

Often is quieter this time of year, people seem to have better things to do than apply for lists of their convictions, so finegrs crossed it should be less than 40 days at present (though thats not a guarantee!!)

Good luck with the rest of the application - at least you needn't worry about the police check now!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:48 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Pollyanna (please)

Hi Trood

How did you go through the process?

Did you pick up a form from the local cop shop?
Or could you apply on line?

Good to see Nottm Constabulary producing the goods in 2 weeks.

Cheers

TT

Originally posted by Troood
Hi Pollyanna - hope your well. I've noticed that you respond with a lot of detail when folks are querying their police checks. We received ours last night and I'm pleased to say that the Police National Computer holds no Prosecutions or Convictions (as expected). Being a natural born worrier I'm now concerned that I haven't sent off for the right document.

Can you help? Our form back from the National Identification Service is on blue & white paper and refers to Section 7, Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access and is signed by the Director of NIS. Is this right? Also - do I send the original off to DIMIA or a certified copy?

Will post this on the Immigration site as well for help.

Cheers in advance for any help you could give!

Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hiya Troood,
Cor, my name in lights! Glad to be of service!!
Yes, thats the right document, no worries there. You have to send the original to DIMIA, though I suggest keeping a copy for yourself.

Often is quieter this time of year, people seem to have better things to do than apply for lists of their convictions, so finegrs crossed it should be less than 40 days at present (though thats not a guarantee!!)

Good luck with the rest of the application - at least you needn't worry about the police check now!

Fame at last eh Pollyana!!! Cheers for that info. I'm going mad - instead of being pleased that I got the reports back from the police, I then worried that I had got the wrong one! Cripes - will I ever relax and chill out (hopefully so when in Oz).

I'm off to the Post office now to post my certificates. Hopefully this will bring my STNI application to the front and they'll then request our medicals. OH KNOW - more for me to worry about!!!! :scared:
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Question for Pollyanna (please)

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Hi Trood

How did you go through the process?

Did you pick up a form from the local cop shop?
Or could you apply on line?

Good to see Nottm Constabulary producing the goods in 2 weeks.

Cheers

TT
Hi again - I rang the Sherwood Lodge HQ and they sent me the forms in the post with a pre-addressed envelope. I sent them back with all the rel. docs and got an acknowledgement back from them within about 5 days. Then the certificates came through quite quickly.

Hope this helps
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Tricky Tree,

Notts Police have their form on the website -
http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/docs/foi/six.htm

There are two downloads, one with info and the other is the form. Or you can ring them at the number on the page and they'll post it to you.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Thought I'd bring this back to the top - as usual at this time of year New Scotland Yard are fairly quiet - if you are front-loading in the next couple of months, get your police check off pronto.
Got mine back today (for part 2 of the Pros Spouse Visa - form sent by Sussex to the Met on Dec 3rd, letter from Met police to me, confirming all clear, dated Dec 9th. Took a week then to get to Oz, but a 6 day turnaround, including a day to get there from Sussex is excellent!
Must be a Christmas special or something!! Get in quick!