Wikiposts

Question for Nurses

Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:30 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question for Nurses

Originally Posted by Alison1967
Totally confused now.
I got my skills assessment letter of determination last october from ANMC that i enclosed with my visa application.
I requested they send my file to NBSA and completed NBSA's modified assessment paid my $20. They approved the assessment and invited me to register so I paid $120 and i got my registration certificate and wallet card back and loads of policy booklets...doesn't this mean that i can practice.

Ali
I wouldn't worry Alison I am sure you can practice as you are registered and
have practicing licence (wallet card), we however being in Victoria will have
to re-register when we get there to get practicing licence. Different States,
different procedures.

I thought by your previous question that you are still at the stage of sending off for skills assessment, but you have your determination letter so you are fine.

The whole problem for us was Victoria do not issue practicing licence on INITIAL registration, but your state obviously does and should you have been just about to send off for skills assessment (Form A)you would have to enclose a certified copy. You are away ahead of this and does not apply to you.

Hope this clear things up for you.

Cheers
J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
It may depend on which state you register in. I am not sure but you may need a separate licence to practice on top of your registration in some places.

Perhaps someone else will let us know.

G
Thats exactly right G, need to re-register when we arrive in Victoria, although other states issue licence at point of registration.

Cheers
J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conat
I wouldn't worry Alison I am sure you can practice as you are registered and
have practicing licence (wallet card), we however being in Victoria will have
to re-register when we get there to get practicing licence. Different States,
different procedures.

I thought by your previous question that you are still at the stage of sending off for skills assessment, but you have your determination letter so you are fine.

The whole problem for us was Victoria do not issue practicing licence on INITIAL registration, but your state obviously does and should you have been just about to send off for skills assessment (Form A)you would have to enclose a certified copy. You are away ahead of this and does not apply to you.

Hope this clear things up for you.

Cheers
J

thanks for the reply, it was full form B that I completed cost about $610 too, then I did modified one. Thanks again, karma on way.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:12 am
Account Closed

thanks for the reply, it was full form B that I completed cost about $610 too, then I did modified one. Thanks again, karma on way.
Your very welcome Ali.

Having glass of wine now, ....toooooo stressed, and kids are driving me bonkers.

cheers
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conat
Your very welcome Ali.

Having glass of wine now, ....toooooo stressed, and kids are driving me bonkers.

cheers
Worth it in the end and you'll soon be over in Oz
When are you aiming to be over there, my skills assessment took the longest 6mths to get all the info as i lost certs or didn't bother picking them up and get the letter of determination back. The visa part of it took 4 mths 1 day as i did (unreq) meds 2 mths after visa appl and pcc's a month later.

Having a glass now too, heres to you getting your visa soon!!

I am going 29th july, house not sold yet but hubby staying til it does but i need to be over there for interviews coming up.

All the best
Ali
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Worth it in the end and you'll soon be over in Oz
When are you aiming to be over there, my skills assessment took the longest 6mths to get all the info as i lost certs or didn't bother picking them up and get the letter of determination back. The visa part of it took 4 mths 1 day as i did (unreq) meds 2 mths after visa appl and pcc's a month later.

Having a glass now too, heres to you getting your visa soon!!

I am going 29th july, house not sold yet but hubby staying til it does but i need to be over there for interviews coming up.

All the best
Ali
Hi Ali

I have sent you a pm
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:07 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Question for Nurses

Thanks Guys,

But still confused and wondering wether to risk not getting verification from NBV like some of you havent. ANMC will have a verification from UK and certified copy of my NBV reg - surely thats enough? Might clarify this via an email to NBV. Let you know.

Diane
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dcm
I move out to the Sunshine coast in August and only sent of my details to QNC in May - it was only afterwards I found that although the other states take a couple of months to get you registered, QNC can take up to a year. I have emailed the immigration minister and asked why they are actively encouraging nurses to work in Queensland but then taking so long to register them and did they know there was a problem. I await a reply. On the nurses forum a couple of people very wisely registered with another state and then did a mutual recogintion for queensland - apparently this only takes about 6 weeks. worth knowing if you haven't already registered.
Yup, I've heard that Qld is the exception to the rule too. I was also advised to register with another state and get mutual recognition.

I should get by UK rego in October at the latest, so I think I'll take your advice and that of others and follow this route thus saving myself a long wait.