Wikiposts

Question for Nurses

Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

ireneb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question for Nurses

Originally Posted by conat
Hi folks

Could a nurse confirm if they received a practising license (credit card sized document) along with their registration document from they nursing board in Australia.

We have just been notified from ANMC that we should send a certified copy of this to them, but we didn't get one, all we got was registration document from OZ nursing board.

I shall phone them tonight but just wanted to know if anyone else received one.

Many thanks

Mrs Conat

Hi, I registered with NBV this year, and like you only received a registration document. I queried this with the NBV and they said the registration document was all I needed, and it was, received registration with ANMC very quickly.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hiya,

I'm registered with the NBV and I didn't get the little credit card size license thingy. I just got a sort of certificate, A4 size.

*pearly*
I'm also registered with NBV and just got the certificate?
Let me know if you find out anything different!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
I'm also registered with NBV and just got the certificate?
Let me know if you find out anything different!

Do you have to send certified copy of card size registration to anmc in south australia
Got A4 cert and pocket size card from NBSA

Ali
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:41 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alison1967
Do you have to send certified copy of card size registration to anmc in south australia
Got A4 cert and pocket size card from NBSA

Ali
Hi folks

ALLISON...yes you do send certified copy of card size reg for Southern Australia along with A4 cert.

FOR NBV. I have just spoken with the Nursing Board of Victoria and they said that they do not issue practicing licence with INITIAL registration and the A4 registration certificate is all you need for skills assessment, however they did say that once you arrive in OZ and Re - Register, they will issue you with a practicing licence.

I have informed the ANMC of this and am waiting on the assessment officer getting back to me.

Hope this has cleared things up for those who were wondering about the licence, I do believe that other states issue the licence on INITIAL registration but not VICTORIA, I think this is what is causing the confusion,

Good luck to all

J.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ireneb
Hi, I registered with NBV this year, and like you only received a registration document. I queried this with the NBV and they said the registration document was all I needed, and it was, received registration with ANMC very quickly.
Thanks ireneb

Hope I will receive skills assesment quickly as I am on a tight timescale and need to get 47sk off ASAP.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
No it just came with my registration.
Tracie
thanks tracie
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:41 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

I know Paula, we did not know we had to pay another $44 to get NBV to send verification of reg to ANMC, we thought they would just send it at your request, and this is just the beginning :scared:

Good luck
J
So, just to clarify......
Once you recieve your notification of registration from NBV, you then have to fill in a Verification form from NBV to ANMC? Ive already done this via NMC (UK) do I still have to send verification from NBV? How annoying if I do.
NMC have already verified to ANMC and NBV

This is getting confusing and Im not saving any money doing a modified skills assessment either!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:58 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dianej
Once you recieve your notification of registration from NBV, you then have to fill in a Verification form from NBV to ANMC? Ive already done this via NMC (UK) do I still have to send verification from NBV? How annoying if I do.

This is getting confusing and Im not saving any money doing a modified skills assessment either!

When you filled in your Skills Assessment you'd have needed to ask NMC to send verifiction of your UK registration to the NBV and the ANMC - that's all you need to do. A positive skills assessment shows that you've provided all the relevant papers etc and you are what you say you are. When you get your licence to practice through from NBV you need to photocopy it and get it certified to include with your visa application. It all depends on whether you get your registration from NBV through as to whether you include it in the skills assessment or not, and if not, then you just include it with your visa application form. Does that make sense?
Don't worry. PM me if I've confused you more. I did a modified skills assessment coz I've worked there before.

*pearly*

Last edited by onepearlyb; Jun 26th 2006 at 9:02 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dianej

Hi Diane

This is what we did....

TO REGISTER WITH NBV

Requested from NMC in the UK to send verification of current UK registration to NBV for registration (£34), also sent certified copies of NMC registration along with application to NBV.

FOR SKILLS ASSESMENT

Once registered with NBV and cert received we had to request verification from NBV to send to ANMC (it has to come from NBV as ANMC will not accept it from you) you can download verification application form from NBV website, this cost $44 for verification to be sent to ANMC.

So to sum up.... ANMC require certified copy of OZ registration from you and also one sent from NBV, to show you are infact registesterd to practice in Victoria.

Have you completed and sent off ANMC apllication yet? They have a checklist on the form and it states there what is required.

WE SENT:
certifeid photo
certified copy of NBV registration
certified copy of birth cert
NO LICENCE AS VICTORIA DO NOT ISSUE ONE
and wrote in date of when verification was requested from NBV

Modified is still cheaper than full skills assesment

It may help to put in a covering letter with ANMC form A that Victoria do not issue practicing licence with INITIAL registration, wish we had known, it would have saved time and midnight phone calls.

hope this helps

good luck

J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

When I did my modified skills assessment I didn't get a copy of my verification sent direct from the NBWA. I just sent a certified copy of my registration direct to the ANMC along with the application form and the various other bits and bobs that they requested, like birth cert etc, and I received a positive skills assessment back 11 days later.
Tracie
Hi Diane

This is what we did....

TO REGISTER WITH NBV

Requested from NMC in the UK to send verification of current UK registration to NBV for registration (£34), also sent certified copies of NMC registration along with application to NBV.

FOR SKILLS ASSESMENT

Once registered with NBV and cert received we had to request verification from NBV to send to ANMC (it has to come from NBV as ANMC will not accept it from you) you can download verification application form from NBV website, this cost $44 for verification to be sent to ANMC.

So to sum up.... ANMC require certified copy of OZ registration from you and also one sent from NBV, to show you are infact registesterd to practice in Victoria.

Have you completed and sent off ANMC apllication yet? They have a checklist on the form and it states there what is required.

WE SENT:
certifeid photo

It may help to put in a covering letter with ANMC form A that Victoria do not issue practicing licence with INITIAL registration, wish we had known, it would have saved time and midnight phone calls.

hope this helps

good luck

J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:34 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Diane

This is what we did....

TO REGISTER WITH NBV

FOR SKILLS ASSESMENT

WE SENT:
certifeid photo

hope this helps

good luck

J

Hi all,

I think the reason I didn't have to send verification from NBV to ANMC is because I was already registered in Melbourne and just had to re-register ( and do a Modified Skills Assessment ) so to reiterate, I didn't have to send verification from NBV to ANMC.
I'm confusing myself here!!! ;o)

*pearly*
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
When I did my modified skills assessment I didn't get a copy of my verification sent direct from the NBWA. I just sent a certified copy of my registration direct to the ANMC along with the application form and the various other bits and bobs that they requested, like birth cert etc, and I received a positive skills assessment back 11 days later.
Tracie
Hi Tracie

I think different states have different requirements, yours being Western Australia and us Victoria, they just like to confuse us when trying to help each other

Hope we get ours in 11 days thats great, I have been told by the skills assessment officer that we should receive letter of determination within 10 -14 days, and I must say ANMC staff we approachable and very helpful.

Now for more waiting
Good luck
J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hi all,

I think the reason I didn't have to send verification from NBV to ANMC is because I was already registered in Melbourne and just had to re-register ( and do a Modified Skills Assessment ) so to reiterate, I didn't have to send verification from NBV to ANMC.
I'm confusing myself here!!! ;o)

*pearly*
Hi pearly

I knew thats what you meant going by your pm, and it is very confusing, so I/we now know what to do to re-register...SO.... every little piece of input helps

Thanks for all your replies you are all a great help

Think I'll have a drink now

cheers

J

J
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Rach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Question for Nurses

Originally Posted by dcm
I move out to the Sunshine coast in August and only sent of my details to QNC in May - it was only afterwards I found that although the other states take a couple of months to get you registered, QNC can take up to a year. I have emailed the immigration minister and asked why they are actively encouraging nurses to work in Queensland but then taking so long to register them and did they know there was a problem. I await a reply. On the nurses forum a couple of people very wisely registered with another state and then did a mutual recogintion for queensland - apparently this only takes about 6 weeks. worth knowing if you haven't already registered.
My wife was registered with Queensland nursing Council previously, so we decided to re-register and then go down the mofified skills assessment with ANMC. What a mistake that was! Managed to re-register with them no problem but at the same time we requested a replacement copy of original certificate of entry onto register (lost somewhere, sure it's in house but you know) 6 weeks later we are still waiting for replacement certificate to arrive. I've never come across such incompetence in my life. We have sent them about 10 emails of which they have ignored 8 of them. Called them every week to get varying replys from "it was sent last week) to "I'll send it now" eventually found out there was a problem with taking payment from original CC (which incidentally they managed to use fine for re-registration) and now have just found out that they sent it out only to be returned to them, apparently because it did not have UK on address, even though previous mai they sent reached us. We are still awaiting this damned thing to arrive, hopefully this week. Then we have to arrange for verification of registration to be sent by them to ANMC, God knows how long that will take.

:scared:
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

ALLISON...yes you do send certified copy of card size reg for Southern Australia along with A4 cert.

FOR NBV. I have just spoken with the Nursing Board of Victoria and they said that they do not issue practicing licence with INITIAL registration and the A4 registration certificate is all you need for skills assessment, however they did say that once you arrive in OZ and Re - Register, they will issue you with a practicing licence.

I have informed the ANMC of this and am waiting on the assessment officer getting back to me.

Hope this has cleared things up for those who were wondering about the licence, I do believe that other states issue the licence on INITIAL registration but not VICTORIA, I think this is what is causing the confusion,

Good luck to all

J.

Totally confused now.
I got my skills assessment letter of determination last october from ANMC that i enclosed with my visa application.
I requested they send my file to NBSA and completed NBSA's modified assessment paid my $20. They approved the assessment and invited me to register so I paid $120 and i got my registration certificate and wallet card back and loads of policy booklets...doesn't this mean that i can practice.

Ali

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.