Reload this Page >

Question for Nurses

Question for Nurses

Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Nurses

Hi folks

Could a nurse confirm if they received a practising license (credit card sized document) along with their registration document from they nursing board in Australia.

We have just been notified from ANMC that we should send a certified copy of this to them, but we didn't get one, all we got was registration document from OZ nursing board.

I shall phone them tonight but just wanted to know if anyone else received one.

Many thanks

Mrs Conat
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Nurses

Originally Posted by conat
Hi folks

Could a nurse confirm if they received a practising license (credit card sized document) along with their registration document from they nursing board in Australia.

We have just been notified from ANMC that we should send a certified copy of this to them, but we didn't get one, all we got was registration document from OZ nursing board.

Many thanks

Mrs Conat
Yes

From both NSW and QLD.

You need to check whether simply registering give you the right to practice. You may have to pay another fee (annually).

G
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it's a little gold card the size of a credit card,I got mine from NBWA.
Tracie
Old Jun 26th 2006, 12:59 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Hi folks

Many thanks

Mrs Conat
Hiya Mrs Conat,

I havent received a card from the ANMC but do have one from the NBWA. and a lovely certificate of registration. But then again the fees they charge

Dont know if this is any help

Paula
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It may depend on which state you register in. I am not sure but you may need a separate licence to practice on top of your registration in some places.

Perhaps someone else will let us know.

G
Old Jun 26th 2006, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Thank you for your replies looks like each nursing board has different rules, I shall phone them tonight to see what is going on, I would have thought they would have sent the licence along with the registration certificate (Victoria Nursing Board), there is a little space for it in the booklet with the reg cert and it is empty. Did not see any mention on NBV application form about further fees for licence..... your replies have been helpful as least we know we should have one, so back to NBV to see what they have to say.

Good luck to all still waiting

J.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:23 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your replies looks like each nursing board has different rules, I shall phone them tonight to see what is going on, I would have thought they would have sent the licence along with the registration certificate (Victoria Nursing Board), there is a little space for it in the booklet with the reg cert and it is empty. Did not see any mention on NBV application form about further fees for licence..... your replies have been helpful as least we know we should have one, so back to NBV to see what they have to say.

J.
Hiya,

I'm registered with the NBV and I didn't get the little credit card size license thingy. I just got a sort of certificate, A4 size.

*pearly*
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

J.
Indeed!

I've been told by the QNC that it will take around 'six months to a year' before I get my registration, and that's only after I have my UK rego. Even the human resources lady I spoke to in Qld Health was shocked at the back log! You can't practice without it (unlike the UK) and it really is the only thing that will be holding me up over the next several months...
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Indeed!

I've been told by the QNC that it will take around 'six months to a year' before I get my registration, and that's only after I have my UK rego. Even the human resources lady I spoke to in Qld Health was shocked at the back log! You can't practice without it (unlike the UK) and it really is the only thing that will be holding me up over the next several months...
Why so long?? Does not make sense.

Does that mean you will not be able to have your skills assessed until you receive your QNC registration? all very confusing and like Grayling said, I think all the states Nursing boards have different rules and procedures.

Hope it comes through for you soon

good luck
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
Hiya Mrs Conat,

I havent received a card from the ANMC but do have one from the NBWA. and a lovely certificate of registration. But then again the fees they charge

Dont know if this is any help

Paula
I know Paula, we did not know we had to pay another $44 to get NBV to send verification of reg to ANMC, we thought they would just send it at your request, and this is just the beginning :scared:

Good luck
J
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hiya,

I'm registered with the NBV and I didn't get the little credit card size license thingy. I just got a sort of certificate, A4 size.

*pearly*
Pearly I have sent you a pm
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
It may depend on which state you register in. I am not sure but you may need a separate licence to practice on top of your registration in some places.

Perhaps someone else will let us know.

G
Thanks G

All will be revealed when I phone tonight...hopefully, I will post reply
many thanks
J
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Yes, it's a little gold card the size of a credit card,I got mine from NBWA.
Tracie
Hey Tracie

Did you have to apply for licence separately or was it sent along with registration without requesting it?

J
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:22 pm
dcm
Account Closed

dcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Question for Nurses

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Indeed!

I move out to the Sunshine coast in August and only sent of my details to QNC in May - it was only afterwards I found that although the other states take a couple of months to get you registered, QNC can take up to a year. I have emailed the immigration minister and asked why they are actively encouraging nurses to work in Queensland but then taking so long to register them and did they know there was a problem. I await a reply. On the nurses forum a couple of people very wisely registered with another state and then did a mutual recogintion for queensland - apparently this only takes about 6 weeks. worth knowing if you haven't already registered.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hey Tracie

Did you have to apply for licence separately or was it sent along with registration without requesting it?

J
No it just came with my registration.
Tracie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.