Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question North Lakes / Mango Hill People

Question North Lakes / Mango Hill People

Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:24 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Question North Lakes / Mango Hill People

We will be arriving in Brisbane on 4th October and we have a rental lined up as soon as we land however our stuff will have only just landed in Brisbane so may be stuck in customs for 2-3 weeks (shippers quote) we need to sort out a few things so that we can start to live in the house ASAP, a few things we will need to sort out quickly are:

- Mattresses
- Pillows
- Small temp fridge
- Temp kitchen ware

and probably a few other things I can't think of yet!!

Where is the best place near North Lakes to get all these bit n pieces, is there a retail park or similar nearby or would I have to head to Redcliffe or other areas

cheers
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:30 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question North Lakes / Mango Hill People

There is a westfield at Northlakes so you should be able to get most things there.

Originally Posted by frogboy
We will be arriving in Brisbane on 4th October and we have a rental lined up as soon as we land however our stuff will have only just landed in Brisbane so may be stuck in customs for 2-3 weeks (shippers quote) we need to sort out a few things so that we can start to live in the house ASAP, a few things we will need to sort out quickly are:

- Mattresses
- Pillows
- Small temp fridge
- Temp kitchen ware

Where is the best place near North Lakes to get all these bit n pieces, is there a retail park or similar nearby or would I have to head to Redcliffe or other areas

cheers
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

If you are looking to buy, there is a big shopping centre at the edge of the estate, and loads more with 5-10 minutes drive. Target in Westfield North Lakes will do pillows - I know as I bought a load last week!

If you want to rent things for a week or so, have a look at www.pabs.com.au who we used - they will ship to you within 24 hours of ordering. They were great with us, we had two beds, 2 sofas, washing machine and fridge / freezer

- Mattresses
- Pillows
- Small temp fridge
- Temp kitchen ware

cheers
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:36 am
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

- Mattresses
- Pillows
- Small temp fridge
- Temp kitchen ware

cheers

Sorry I can't help you with any of these questions

But very interested in how you managed to get a proper rental before you get there? Do you know the area well or have you someone you know already there that looked at it for you?

We will be arriving shortly after you and are looking around a similar area.

Good luck for your new life
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Have a look at http://www.seqrents.com.au/crest/index.htm

Send Marie an email and see what is coming up

We got sorted here before arrival also

Originally Posted by cheri-pie

But very interested in how you managed to get a proper rental before you get there? Do you know the area well or have you someone you know already there that looked at it for you?

Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:12 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by cheri-pie

I was in Brisbane about 6 weeks ago and was trying to sort out possible rentals, although all the estate agents weren't interested because the rentals were coming ang going so frequently. I decided to go and have a look around crest as there was one for rent at the time, while there peering over the gates with my video camera I met Peter who manages the area with his wife Marie, he let me in to have a good luck around and I got talking to him for a while trying to sort out what we needed to sort a rental out, he said that there are rentals coming and going all the time and the longest they have had a rental up for was 4 days.
When I got back to the UK we sent Peter and Marie an email stating when we were arriving and if they could let us know if there were any rentals available for that time, and luckily one has just come up. I would be careful if you jump for a rental that you hadn't seen before from an estate agent as when I had a look at a few you find out that it is the only house built in that street yet and the rest of the street is busy with workmen and work traffic, a photo of an house from the front doesn't show the half built houses being built either side of it. We wouldn't have gone for a rental before we arrived if it wasn't in the crest complex, this is only because I had a good look around and it is an established part of North Lakes.

good luck and maybe see you there!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:17 am
Here At Last!!

Originally Posted by themerlin
There is a westfield at Northlakes so you should be able to get most things there.
Westfields is ok for the smaller things, but where would the best place for mattresses, fridge etc be? I do remember seeing a bit of a retail park on the other side of the Bruce highway from NL's just off the exit point but I can't remember seeing what home stores where there, only Pizza hut, KFC, Maccas etc (I was only interested in looking for some food at the time)

cheers
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

When you head down the Bruce Highway to Brisbane, go down the Gypie Arterial and further down when you get to the car showrooms you start seeing bed, electrical etc. I am fairly sure there is a Harvey Norman doing beds and electrical down there

Westfields is ok for the smaller things, but where would the best place for mattresses, fridge etc be? I do remember seeing a bit of a retail park on the other side of the Bruce highway from NL's just off the exit point but I can't remember seeing what home stores where there, only Pizza hut, KFC, Maccas etc (I was only interested in looking for some food at the time)

cheers
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:42 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Greg, Michele and Bella
When you head down the Bruce Highway to Brisbane, go down the Gypie Arterial and further down when you get to the car showrooms you start seeing bed, electrical etc. I am fairly sure there is a Harvey Norman doing beds and electrical down there
We found Harvey Normans really expensive - Dial a bed is a lot cheaper. Also pop down to ikea for your kitchen bits - I have got all my temporary kitchen stuff (few pots, 4 x plates, cups cutlery etc) for $100
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:55 pm
Here At Last!!

Originally Posted by glennandkate
We found Harvey Normans really expensive - Dial a bed is a lot cheaper. Also pop down to ikea for your kitchen bits - I have got all my temporary kitchen stuff (few pots, 4 x plates, cups cutlery etc) for $100
Where abouts is dialabed in Brisbane?
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:37 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Where abouts is dialabed in Brisbane?
http://www.dialabed.com.au/contactus.htm

We went to Brendale

Also in BCF they sell queen size airbeds on legs which are great - the kids are sleeping on the at the mo till the damn furniture arrives
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:23 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Try 'makin matresses'. When you come out of th eairport, go straight over teh big roundabout instead of going on the highway. turn right at the lights and go up the road about 1km. Makin' Mattresses is on the right.