Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a question from my children

a question from my children

Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default a question from my children

something deadly serious here - well it is to them:

what is the equivalent of robinsons squash in Australia - please don't laugh, they love the apple and pear / summer fruits and pink grapefruit. I've told them that you can't buy it in aussie supermarkets so they are prepared to try other drinks.

can you buy squash or is it coridal - i can't remember from our holidays out there. I remember a vile green looking drink that they liked, but I wasn't keen on them having too much of it.

thanks in advance
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a question from my children

Originally Posted by DebraH

what is the equivalent of robinsons squash in Australia - please don't laugh, they love the apple and pear / summer fruits and pink grapefruit. I've told them that you can't buy it in aussie supermarkets so they are prepared to try other drinks.

can you buy squash or is it coridal - i can't remember from our holidays out there. I remember a vile green looking drink that they liked, but I wasn't keen on them having too much of it.

thanks in advance
We call it cordial (cordigul to annoy the parents!)- tastes the same to me. R U sure that u cant get it out there? We used to have Robinsons barley water there.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance

This has made me laugh, my son who's 8 will only drink Robinsons peach fruit & barley When we went to Florida last year, we had a hells game trying to find him something to drink!!!! Think we can put a few crates in the container
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance
Aw bless, have a look here They can see what they like from that
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
We call it cordial (cordigul to annoy the parents!)- tastes the same to me. R U sure that u cant get it out there? We used to have Robinsons barley water there.
i'm going to have a look at coles on line I think, i can't remember seeing it in coles or woolies - probably in the brit shops though
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:04 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

You can get lime cordial (for lager and lime ) and also lemon barley water at Woolies. The other cordials are ok too. I drink Cottees Orange Cordial which is quite like UK squash. There's heaps of flavours including apple and blackcurrant. I'm sure the kids will be fine!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

There's loads of fantastic flavours to experiment with. Latest favourite is the apple and kiwi. The raspberry is very popular too. Coltees is a good make.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Cottees is the big favourite in our house, especially the Apple & raspberry.
Tracey
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:45 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
There's loads of fantastic flavours to experiment with. Latest favourite is the apple and kiwi. The raspberry is very popular too. Coltees is a good make.

My daughter is a coltees fan too. Used to always drink peach or apple and blackcurrent robinsons. Now she's into the apple and kiwi coltees.

Marie
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a few Cottee's flavours to choose from!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i was a big fan of robinsons back in the UK too..... now I'm on to the golden cirle pineapple cordial.... yummy!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: a question from my children

thanks in advance
Sunnyboy Appleberry Burst

That's the one I like anyway...

Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hels
Just a few Cottee's flavours to choose from!!
thanks for that i've just had a look a the apple and kiwi - think that was what they had in oz, and i don't think that they'll be having it again what with all the colourings and additives in it!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:24 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance
Water
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thebears
Water
yes I've tried that, and at long last they are finally beginning to like it - thankfully their school has played a big part in this by encouraging them to drink a lot of it and bring in water bottles. I love the stuff and prefer it over squash and coke, but they're getting there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.