Question for Mr Mover re Ikea Furniture

Question for Mr Mover re Ikea Furniture

Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:34 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Mr Mover re Ikea Furniture

Mr Mover,

My house is filled with Ikea furniture which I plan to take with me. Would it be better to have it taken apart or put it in the containers as is?

We have bookcases and wardrobes which will take up less room when flat packed; they aren't the sturdiest things in the world though so I'm a bit worried that if we left them up then something may happen to them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

v
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Mr Mover re Ikea Furniture

Originally posted by Vee
Mr Mover,

My house is filled with Ikea furniture which I plan to take with me. Would it be better to have it taken apart or put it in the containers as is?

We have bookcases and wardrobes which will take up less room when flat packed; they aren't the sturdiest things in the world though so I'm a bit worried that if we left them up then something may happen to them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

v
Hi vee , i would suggest that you flat pack , every thing you can , this not only reduces your container ,volume, but reduces your chances of damages , this goe,s for any one that has Ikea or furniture that dis- assembles . Most UK movers seem to be chasing volume , ie leave every thing whole , you fill the containers quicker ?......in oz we work in reverse ?? go figure..... MM
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:56 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
Hi vee , i would suggest that you flat pack , every thing you can , this not only reduces your container ,volume, but reduces your chances of damages , this goe,s for any one that has Ikea or furniture that dis- assembles . Most UK movers seem to be chasing volume , ie leave every thing whole , you fill the containers quicker ?......in oz we work in reverse ?? go figure..... MM

Cheers Mr M. Greatly appreciated.

V
Old Aug 29th 2003, 11:07 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hijack the thred but while you're online MM....

Are we expected to completely clean our toaster (i.e. de-crumb it?) Everything else we are sending is pretty much spotless but the toaster is caked in breadcrumbs. Any problem with this?

Cheers
Old Aug 29th 2003, 9:50 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Sorry to hijack the thred but while you're online MM....

Are we expected to completely clean our toaster (i.e. de-crumb it?) Everything else we are sending is pretty much spotless but the toaster is caked in breadcrumbs. Any problem with this?

Cheers
no problem ,i remember about a year ago AQIS found a bread bin in a carton ,with half a loaf in it offered it to the guys at smoko, if any one wanted some toast the greeny/blue colour put every one off .......... MM