Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for mr mover

Question for mr mover

Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:39 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for mr mover

Mr mover , seeing as my proposed move is a while off yet, we are delaying getting any quotes for removals , but one thing bothers me.
I will definitely be taking my motorcycle with me but... (a) Can it travel with my furniture ? ( the cost of sending it seperately may force me to reconsider taking it ) and (b) how will it be packaged for transportation?.

thanks Arron
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:58 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Question for mr mover

Originally posted by Arron
Mr mover , seeing as my proposed move is a while off yet, we are delaying getting any quotes for removals , but one thing bothers me.
I will definitely be taking my motorcycle with me but... (a) Can it travel with my furniture ? ( the cost of sending it seperately may force me to reconsider taking it ) and (b) how will it be packaged for transportation?.

thanks Arron
The real question should be 'shall I take the bike?' Unless its somthing really special I'm not so sure its worth it.

When I was last there (18 months ago) an R1 was about £6000 new! I've got two bikes, and I think I'll just flog em off.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:13 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Thats a good price for an R1.
I think I will opt for a more Trial bike than a sports bike,
Still gotta sell my GSX600 tho
Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:57 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Arron

thanks Arron
We generally always crate bikes, either get one proffesionally made ,or go to your local bike dealer, and buy a shipping crate,we always find that HARLEY/BUELL OR DUCATI, seem to make the best crates,DR DESMO, local Ducati dealer charge us about 50 bucks for a crate they even load them if we ask,and use proper ratchett tie down straps.make sure the shipper you use has a tail lift truck[hydraulic lifter] so as the bike is kept level while being moved, m/t 99%of fuel don,t drain the oil, and then we load them {crated}in the mid section of the container, you can then load lighter furniture items on top of the crate........ MM
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:15 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr mover
We generally always crate bikes, either get one proffesionally made ,or go to your local bike dealer, and buy a shipping crate,we always find that HARLEY/BUELL OR DUCATI, seem to make the best crates,DR DESMO, local Ducati dealer charge us about 50 bucks for a crate they even load them if we ask,and use proper ratchett tie down straps.make sure the shipper you use has a tail lift truck[hydraulic lifter] so as the bike is kept level while being moved, m/t 99%of fuel don,t drain the oil, and then we load them {crated}in the mid section of the container, you can then load lighter furniture items on top of the crate........ MM
Thanks for advice mr.mover, much appreciated
arron