Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Would you do the right thing?
Yes, Id fess up. Id never rip a friend off!
58.57%
Id pretend I'd never seen it happen!
2.86%
Id admit if I couldnt afford it and try and come to an arrangement!
35.71%
I would deny that my child wsa no where near the car and how dare you accuse my little prince?
2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:01 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Woody and Irish thanks for replies, but for me it's not so much the money to fix it, it's more a matter of principle now. I cant believe that so called friends would be such sh*ts and pikeys and not own up...it is just car at the end of the day, I know. Plus Im selling it when I go to Adelaide anyway, but that's not the point! (She even said to me why are you making such a fuss about it when you're going to sell it in 3 or 4 months...cheeky biatch!)
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:29 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
'DONT GET SCRATCHY WITH US, MADAME'.

Is he taking the piss, using the word 'scratchy'! Oh dear, oh dear, if I got a text like that, it would be a red rag to a bull. I'd kick his chuffing lights out.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

HOLY CRAP, THIS IS WAR. Her husband just texted me and said, 'DONT GET SCRATCHY WITH US, MADAME'. Where can I buy manure from round here?
just look in the phone book and get them to deliver the freshest shite possible onto their driveway.
good thread keep us updated.
donna
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe this thread, christ it's just a scratch. You motor will be covered in them within months here in Australia, and dents in all your doors too. If you tried to claim on the insurance for a three inch scratch you would be laughed at.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:42 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
I can't believe this thread, christ it's just a scratch. You motor will be covered in them within months here in Australia, and dents in all your doors too. If you tried to claim on the insurance for a three inch scratch you would be laughed at.

Renth, it's not really about the scratch , it's more about people's morals.......
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:47 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, get 'Oh-So-laid-back' Renth! The point isn't the car, mate - it's more the reaction of the so-called friend.

Nicky
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:48 am
In my own little world!

Renth, it's not really about the scratch , it's more about people's morals.......

You took the words right out of my mouth (see previous post)
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hey, get 'Oh-So-laid-back' Renth! The point isn't the car, mate - it's more the reaction of the so-called friend.

Nicky
Maybe Lucyb's friend felt a three inch scratch wasn't anything to get upset about?
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:53 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nuke them all from orbit. It's the only way to be sure ...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if your child damages the property of someone else, then at least an apology is in order.

yes accidents happen, but a real friend would say sorry.

Its about respect.

A 3 inch scratch may not be anything to the mother of the child, but an apology for doing it in the first place speaks volumes for Lucy.

Its about admitting the little accidents your kids do and facing up to them.

Because round my way, when a kid bricks a window and the police take them home to their parents, they are always faced with 'My kid is a good kid, my son wouldnt do that'.

Discipline and respect start early on in life and with the little things.

Whether or not insurance is claimed on.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:56 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think if your child damages the property of someone else, then at least an apology is in order.

yes accidents happen, but a real friend would say sorry.

Its about respect.
Agreed, an admission and apology would be required but should be left at that.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:04 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a scratch. Chill. Here in Brisbane someone managed to scrape down the entire length of our chariot for the tune of $3,500. No idea who did it. Seems to be quite common here.
It's just metal and the insurance covered it.
Re: your so called friend, you are coming to oz and wont see them again. Get the repair done, take the receipt to small claims court. That should sort her out. Dare say you won't get a Chrstmas card from her though.

Andrew
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:06 am
In my own little world!

Maybe Lucyb's friend felt a three inch scratch wasn't anything to get upset about?
Yeah, maybe. Maybe she used to live in Australia and she was used to having her car bashed/scratched by stupid careless bu***** who can't b****y drive properly and/or have no respect for the fact that you work your backside off to afford a nice car that you take pride in.

*Breathing in slowly* (hold for ten seconds) * And gently breathing out through the nose*

Nicky
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:12 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Yeah, maybe. Maybe she used to live in Australia and she was used to having her car bashed/scratched by stupid careless bu***** who can't b****y drive properly and/or have no respect for the fact that you work your backside off to afford a nice car that you take pride in.
That's why I would advise anyone coming here to buy a second hand that already has a few scratches and dings because if you did have a nice new car you would not be able to cope with the almost daily sctarches and dents you get over here.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:20 am
In my own little world!

That's why I would advise anyone coming here to buy a second hand that already has a few scratches and dings because if you did have a nice new car you would not be able to cope with the almost daily sctarches and dents you get over here.
We're thinking of bringing our Landrover 110 over so unless it's another Landrover doing the 'pranging', they're bound to come off worst - and best of all, the more dents it gets the cooler the Landrover looks! Problem solved!

Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.