Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Would you do the right thing?
Yes, Id fess up. Id never rip a friend off!
58.57%
Id pretend I'd never seen it happen!
2.86%
Id admit if I couldnt afford it and try and come to an arrangement!
35.71%
I would deny that my child wsa no where near the car and how dare you accuse my little prince?
2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question of morals and honesty..what would YOU do?

Originally Posted by lucyb
I ask because I am utterly livid at the moment.

I must confess to being abnormally in love with my car, for a bird. Now I keep her spotless and pristine at all times and know every minute imperfection on the body work. I am so anal that sometimes, when I park, if the car in the adjacent space is too close, I make a note of their numberplate just in case they ding my doors. Whenever I return to my car I always check the sides to make sure nobody has damaged it in my absence. Totally anal I know, but there you go, I love my car. SO I picked up my daughter and my 'friends' oldest son, whom I shall call Damian. Put baby in his car seats. Car all clear. Got to Damians house and deposited said spawn of satan in his home andfriend arrived home with son number 2, Lucifer. Lucifer starts riding his bike in circles round my car. Im sweating. But thinking, chill out, the mum is around she will be ok (Im sat in the car chatting to her) Lucifer decides to come and say hello to baby so I let back passengers side window open and he hangs off the window frame. Im thinking chill! WHen I hear a thud and the bike drops to the floor. I thought 'Im not going to make a scene' so I wait till I get home and there is a FU***** great scratch the size of the channel tunnel on the door where Lucifer was. (OK, 3 inches, but it has gone right through all the layers of paint so is glowing like a white streamer on the side of my dark blue car. Still with me? (this is like therapy! great to unload! )

I phoned my friend who immediately admitted liabilty and told me to get a qte and I now find its going to be £200 to fix and as soon as she knew that she turned into a completely different person to the one I know. A grade a Biatch. She told me to chill out and said she doubts Lucifer did it as she was standing right behind him (I will almost put money on the fact that she saw him do it and tried to cover up) and then she says she hasnt got £200! She lives in a 5 bed house has a brand new BMW and Ford Galaxy. Whatever. What are people like? Looks like Im going to get screwed by her and Im f****** LIVID as I may have already mentioned! MY car looks like it's ready for banger racing now and I have gone a bit mental and donet even want to drive it. ( I have PMT which makes everything 10 times worse-sorry boys). SO my q is, if it was your child or you, would you hold your hands up and be honest or would you be a minger like my friend and try and worm your way out!
Be honest!

Id CONFESS !

Just a quickie,

I bought for the first time ever a brand new ute, in oz

Got home, with my pride n gleamin joy...

Son number 1, greets me, by ramming rear end of ute, with his quad bike

I cried like a weeping wet fanny in a bowl of spring onions !!!!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:08 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Id CONFESS !

Just a quickie,

I bought for the first time ever a brand new ute, in oz

Got home, with my pride n gleamin joy...

Son number 1, greets me, by ramming rear end of ute, with his quad bike

I cried like a weeping wet fanny in a bowl of spring onions !!!!
Ouch!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:08 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I must confess to being abnormally in love with my car, for a bird. Now I keep her spotless and pristine at all times and know every minute imperfection on the body work. I am so anal that sometimes, when I park, if the car in the adjacent space is too close, I make a note of their numberplate just in case they ding my doors. Whenever I return to my car I always check the sides to make sure nobody has damaged it in my absence. Totally anal I know, but there you go, I love my car. SO I picked up my daughter and my 'friends' oldest son, whom I shall call Damian. Put baby in his car seats. Car all clear. Got to Damians house and deposited said spawn of satan in his home andfriend arrived home with son number 2, Lucifer. Lucifer starts riding his bike in circles round my car. Im sweating. But thinking, chill out, the mum is around she will be ok (Im sat in the car chatting to her) Lucifer decides to come and say hello to baby so I let back passengers side window open and he hangs off the window frame.Im thinking chill! WHen I hear a thud and the bike drops to the floor. I thought 'Im not going to make a scene' so I wait till I get home and there is a FU***** great scratch the size of the channel tunnel on the door where Lucifer was. (OK, 3 inches, but it has gone right through all the layers of paint so is glowing like a white streamer on the side of my dark blue car. Still with me? (this is like therapy! great to unload!)

I phoned my friend who immediately admitted liabilty and told me to get a qte and I now find its going to be £200 to fix and as soon as she knew that she turned into a completely different person to the one I know. A grade a Biatch. She told me to chill out and said she doubts Lucifer did it as she was standing right behind him (I will almost put money on the fact that she saw him do it and tried to cover up) and then she says she hasnt got £200! She lives in a 5 bed house has a brand new BMW and Ford Galaxy. Whatever. What are people like? Looks like Im going to get screwed by her and Im f****** LIVID as I may have already mentioned! MY car looks like it's ready for banger racing now and I have gone a bit mental and donet even want to drive it. ( I have PMT which makes everything 10 times worse-sorry boys). SO my q is, if it was your child or you, would you hold your hands up and be honest or would you be a minger like my friend and try and worm your way out!
Be honest!
I havent the foggiest, but thanks for giving me a giggle (I have a strange sense of humour)

Why not get a ton of manure dumped on her brand new BMW. All BMW drivers deserve it
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:09 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick a kipper in her radiator.

Suzy x
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:10 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I havent the foggiest, but thanks for giving me a giggle (I have a strange sense of humour)

Why not get a ton of manure dumped on her brand new BMW. All BMW drivers deserve it

THAT IS JUST DOWN RIGHT NASTY BUT FUNNY AND DOOABLE LMAO !!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:11 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I would pay up if i knew for sure that the wee guy had done that to a mates car .

This is when you find out who your mates really are !
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I must confess to being abnormally in love with my car, for a bird. Now I keep her spotless and pristine at all times and know every minute imperfection on the body work. I am so anal that sometimes, when I park, if the car in the adjacent space is too close, I make a note of their numberplate just in case they ding my doors. Whenever I return to my car I always check the sides to make sure nobody has damaged it in my absence. Totally anal I know, but there you go, I love my car. SO I picked up my daughter and my 'friends' oldest son, whom I shall call Damian. Put baby in his car seats. Car all clear. Got to Damians house and deposited said spawn of satan in his home andfriend arrived home with son number 2, Lucifer. Lucifer starts riding his bike in circles round my car. Im sweating. But thinking, chill out, the mum is around she will be ok (Im sat in the car chatting to her) Lucifer decides to come and say hello to baby so I let back passengers side window open and he hangs off the window frame. Im thinking chill! WHen I hear a thud and the bike drops to the floor. I thought 'Im not going to make a scene' so I wait till I get home and there is a FU***** great scratch the size of the channel tunnel on the door where Lucifer was. (OK, 3 inches, but it has gone right through all the layers of paint so is glowing like a white streamer on the side of my dark blue car. Still with me? (this is like therapy! great to unload! )

Be honest!
I'd pay it and be honest but then thats me. In this case I would honestly threaten her with legal action and get a solicitor to write a letter if nothing else. Not much of a friend are they ???
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:15 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

The next nightmare is we do school run together and she picks up my daughter in the mornings and I do afternoons! Tomorrow's going to be fun! YAY!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:17 am
Banned

The next nightmare is we do school run together and she picks up my daughter in the mornings and I do afternoons! Tomorrow's going to be fun! YAY!
NAME AND SHAME

Put a BIG notice on your passenger window with a HUGE arrow, stating YOUR MATE DID THIS her rego number AND SHE WONT PAY TO REPAIR !
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Some friend!! I'd want revenge, but wouldn't have the nerve to do anything about it . If I was you I would explain to her how retentive you are about the car and that you know for certain that there is no other way your car could have been scratched. If she still insists on not paying then dump her (unfortunately the school run will double for you though) and tell everyone at the school gates what she did.
TJ
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:39 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Be honest!
Battery acid in a squeezy bottle across her beemer everywhere should do it.....or so I'm reliably informed.

Rich
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Richardm is an unknown quantity at this point

should have got a `male` car then it wouldnt have accidents
Old Nov 1st 2005, 8:49 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Battery acid in a squeezy bottle across her beemer everywhere should do it.....or so I'm reliably informed.

Rich
A kid became unsteady and fell off his bike and his handlebar deeply scratched my mates motor from back to front. His mother had a look and said "oh, that'll 'T' cut out!"
He said "you're having a laugh ain't ya?"

He pays his excess (£150) and tries to claim it back.

The kids mother explains, "no probs, I've got a 3rd party insurance for things just like this"

Great, me mate thinks.

His insurance company explain, don't even think about trying to make a claim against a minor, can't, and will not be entertained.

Beauty he says, "I just love giving away £150"

"Now where is that squeezy bottle?" he thinks.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:09 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive just texted her and told her to shove her school run up her big fat pikey bum.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:11 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just texted her and told her to shove her school run up her big fat pikey bum.
Give her addy for this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.