Reload this Page >

Question on Medical Emergency in Perth

Question on Medical Emergency in Perth

Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:28 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on Medical Emergency in Perth

Originally Posted by laven
you are one really insecure person with way too much free time:-)
RDO TODAY DARLIN...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point

do you know how to turn off CapsLock?:-)
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:40 am
Account Closed

do you know how to turn off CapsLock?:-)
NO
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

laven is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, sorry if I upset in any way, seriously. I was annoyed, bye.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:54 am
Account Closed

hey, sorry if I upset in any way, seriously. I was annoyed, bye.
ere..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

you aint upset me.i asked a question and you were kind enough to answer it...
..take it easy..
Old Sep 5th 2011, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Worked in a local ED for 3 years.... In a real emergency the department of child services can be contacted and will offer help if you are genuinely too ill to look after your child...

Triage determines the "optimum" wait time, however a busy department that is ramping and has no beds will mean longer waits.. If you arent too sick you could check out the DOH website, they have public information relating to business of each department and you can choose to take yourself to the one that looks least busy... If you're not so damaged/sick that you have the time to do that, then you probably NEED to have a therapeutic wait lol... Seen it happen, unfortunately the site isnt updated every three minutes and all it takes is one major MVA and your 30 minute wait can turn into HOURS whilst they sort out those in most need...

HOWEVER WA public EDs are pretty excellent and you will be seen according to assessed need and the priority of your assessed need in relation to acuity and activity of the department...

Dont expect that just because you arrive by ambulance you will go straight in or be seen sooner, like some pts I've come across... You will still be traiged and seen according to need... Sometimes even put in the waiting room if it is considered appropriate for you to be there....

As for ambulance cover GET IT... Therre is only one thing worse than being so ill or injured that you need an ambulance... And thats recieving a bill for $800 plus for the priviledge of being transported safely to where you need to be
Old Sep 5th 2011, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who doesn't have Ambulance Cover is a fool imo.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

HANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really niceHANK2010 is just really nice

I heard people in Sydney with severe pains might wait for hours and hours for medical help in emergency and they are not given anything but panadol.

Im wondering if anybody knows :

- What is situation like in Perth?

- What hospital should you go if something happens (Mount Pleasant area or just any good hospital)?

- What happens if you have a toddler with you and not able to look after him?
Sounds like crap to me. It all depends on what the medical problem is but since ive worked here in the medical sector ive found they are are very pro active on sufficent pain relief and ALOT better than the UK. Hope this helps
Old Sep 5th 2011, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to answer, what hospital to go to ...

Answer the NEAREST with an EMergency Department