Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question for JAJ

Question for JAJ

Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for JAJ

what are the "internal checks" that are conducted by DIMA?
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:17 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question for JAJ

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
what are the "internal checks" that are conducted by DIMA?
A presumptious title, which I'm not surprised Jeremy hasn't responded to.

In essence, they're actually external checks, quite often by the Australian High Commission in London to prove you're working in the profession and capacity you claim to be. This can involve a telephone call to the employer, or as in our case, a military style 'invasion' of our home by two AHC officials with about 20 minutes notice!!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:58 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Dom,

What type of visa have you applied for?
Old Oct 8th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom

In essence, they're actually external checks, quite often by the Australian High Commission in London to prove you're working in the profession and capacity you claim to be. This can involve a telephone call to the employer, or as in our case, a military style 'invasion' of our home by two AHC officials with about 20 minutes notice!!
actually it's correctly spelled presumptuous-what do you think i was presuming?

Last edited by ianandhelena; Oct 8th 2006 at 9:29 pm. Reason: removal of swear words
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine he means that you were asking JAJ a direct question. If we are going to be picky, you would have put the question as a general one in the Immigration forum where they ask that you don't mention agents in person

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...35&postcount=2

He might mean something else entirely though
Old Oct 9th 2006, 3:34 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Looks like you also deleted the expression of gratitude towards me for taking the time to answer your question.

Thank Christ you're in Hobart.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 3:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ws99
Dom,

What type of visa have you applied for?
136 MODL.

If you're worried about these checks, PM me.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:00 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

This can involve a telephone call to the employer, or as in our case, a military style 'invasion' of our home by two AHC officials with about 20 minutes notice!!
OMG, what did they do/say? I wouldn't know what to say to if they arrived here. I'd be too busy trying to clean the house .

Gill
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:51 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

so do they have to move back to the uk for these AHC officials to come do these external checks?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you so much for your time.
thanks.
ta cheers mate.
I'm also glad we're in Hobart.
However, you aren't.

Last edited by ianandhelena; Oct 9th 2006 at 7:47 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Me too!

Gina
Old Oct 10th 2006, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Me too!

Gina

Last edited by ianandhelena; Oct 10th 2006 at 3:32 am.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:01 am

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you so much for your time.
thanks.
ta cheers mate.
LOL who cares about internal external checks eh?? congrats again Ian we will have many beers to celebrate
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
LOL who cares about internal external checks eh?? congrats again Ian we will have many beers to celebrate
Line 'em up Kay !!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:55 pm

Line 'em up Kay !!
what time you flying? have a good journey