Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A question on behalf of my Mum!

A question on behalf of my Mum!

Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Red face A question on behalf of my Mum!

My Mum is an Oz citizen, but has resided here for the last 9 years.
Her Western Australian drivers licence has just expired. Does she have to retake her theory test, or can she just renew it. We are going to live in Melbourne, so i figure she should retake the test any comments gratefully recieved as shes doing my head in
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Rune is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, each State has different road rules and regulations; you're supposed to change your driving licence within 3 months of moving inter-state. Have to say most people actually wait until their licence is due for renewal, though.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Heather,

I looked into this as my NSW licence has expired. Somewhere on the VicRoads site it says that if you've ever had an Aussie licence you don't need to do the theory or practical test. It's just a matter of paperwork.

I think your mum needs to take current UK licence, expired Australian licence, birth certificate, passport and proof of residence in Oz (lease or whatever) to a VicRoads office and it's done on the spot. Might need photos too - don't remember.

Hoping one of the unproceedables doesn't live up to their name,

Jo
Old Sep 8th 2003, 6:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rune and Jo, i'll tell her so she can stop mithering.
As for the unproceedables.....let them proceed is all i can say (jo i've just finished a mamoth e mail to you!)
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:42 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question on behalf of my Mum!

I don't think we should let her renew it Hev. Its about time we got the old dear off the road now. She has a caravan!!!!

Do I fear the wrath of Mother in law

DAMN RIGHT I DO

:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 9th 2003, 9:25 am
Just Joined

scuttle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A question on behalf of my Mum!

Originally posted by h garrett
My Mum is an Oz citizen, but has resided here for the last 9 years.
Her Western Australian drivers licence has just expired. Does she have to retake her theory test, or can she just renew it. We are going to live in Melbourne, so i figure she should retake the test any comments gratefully recieved as shes doing my head in
hi there H,
Carley has just renewed her SA license over here in the UK, all she did was phone them up, they sent some forms over and she returned them with $55AUD and recieved her new license, i think it only took a month from start to finsh.....hope that helps....Joe
Old Sep 9th 2003, 1:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Thanks Jo and Carley.
Matt you are in such trouble! I decided to show mum the thread and shes sat here next to me:scared: I didn't know about your input
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:06 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
Thanks Jo and Carley.
Matt you are in such trouble! I decided to show mum the thread and shes sat here next to me:scared: I didn't know about your input
I'll get my coat