Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question about UK passport applied for in AUS?

Question about UK passport applied for in AUS?

Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:55 am
Just Joined

holly1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Question about UK passport applied for in AUS?

I'm trying to apply for a UK passport in Australia. I 'am a Australian resident but not yet a citizen. I moved over from England 5 years ago and my passport has expired. I need to get a new one so I 'am applying for one. I have downloaded the applicaton form off the internet so i can send off and pay for a new one.
There is a question on the form which i don't understand and was wondcering if anyone else had the answer? it is question 1b of the form.
1b Were you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kingdom and colonies. British citizen, British dependent/overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British protected person?:curse:
The answer can be yes or no and i think yes but i dont want to be wrong?
please reply!!
thanks
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about UK passport applied for in AUS?

Originally Posted by holly1234
I'm trying to apply for a UK passport in Australia. I 'am a Australian resident but not yet a citizen. I moved over from England 5 years ago and my passport has expired. I need to get a new one so I 'am applying for one. I have downloaded the applicaton form off the internet so i can send off and pay for a new one.
There is a question on the form which i don't understand and was wondcering if anyone else had the answer? it is question 1b of the form.
1b Were you naturalised or registered as a British subject, citizen of the United Kingdom and colonies. British citizen, British dependent/overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or British protected person?:curse:
please reply!!
thanks

Just renewed our daughters passport, tick yes if you were born in GB
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

please reply!!
thanks
If you were born in the U.K. the answer is generally no, you were not naturalised or registered (unless in some circumstances you were born in 1983 or later and only got British citizenship after you were born).

Most people who are naturalised/registered British are born outside the U.K.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

please reply!!
thanks
thanks for replying!
i thought it was yes coz i was born in the Uk and i have had a Uk passport before and i was a british citizen etc but then i was thinking no i wasnt naturalised n thats where i got confused?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

thanks for replying!
i thought it was yes coz i was born in the Uk and i have had a Uk passport before and i was a british citizen etc but then i was thinking no i wasnt naturalised n thats where i got confused?
If it helps i was born in 1989, which is after 1983?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps i was born in 1989, which is after 1983?
You would still be automatically British by birth if at least one of your parents (excl unmarried fathers) was a British citizen or permanent resident when you were born.