Reload this Page >

Question about sponsorship

Question about sponsorship

Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

tunnyx is on a distinguished road
Default Question about sponsorship

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if you are limited to a particular area if you are applying for a skilled sponsor visa (relative is an aunt)? I have not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere

Any help you can send my way is appreciated

Ta

Tun
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about sponsorship

Originally Posted by tunnyx
Can anyone tell me if you are limited to a particular area if you are applying for a skilled sponsor visa (relative is an aunt)? I have not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere
I thought you could go anywhere with this visa.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Question about sponsorship

Originally Posted by tunnyx
Hi all

Any help you can send my way is appreciated

Ta

Tun
Both the 138 and 139 subclass (Skilled Sponsored and Skilled Designated Area Sponsored) visas do not restrict you to living anywhere in particular in Oz. For a 139 your sponsor must have been living in a designated area for a specific length of time (at least 12 months), but you are not required to live anywhere in particular. Subclass 137 (STNI) visas do require that you live in the sponsoring state for some period of time, but I'm not sure of the length of time (because I didn't apply for that visa subclass!).

Cheers,
Brian

PS: You might get more replies to this type of question on the immigration forum rather than the lifestyle forum.