Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question about Singapore Airlines

Question about Singapore Airlines

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Question about Singapore Airlines

I'm trying to book flights with Singapore Airlines online. My daughter is one-year-old but we want to book a seat for her as its such a long trip. However as soon as I try to put her details in the site tells me that a "child" must be at least 2. It seems to be insisting I book her as an infant but then she will have no seat. I tried calling them but they told me to call web support and they don't open here for another couple of hours. Anyone else had this??
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Singapore Airlines

This came up a while back, but I can't remember who posted it.
You have to book the seat online for a two year old, then phone the airline's customer services, and they sort it out for you.
Web support won't be any good, they are the techy guys!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Found it - post number 7 on this thread......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305492
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Found it - post number 7 on this thread......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305492
Thanks so much. I did as they suggested - changed her birthdate online so it looked like she's two and then the web support people updated it.

Before I did that I tried booking over the phone instead. They gave me a price of 5,453 pounds. It's 388 online!!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Make sure you book child meals, or you won't get them!! We fell foul of this on our last trip!!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Baby essentials are not included in luggage either, so you can take an extra bag with milk/nappies/wipes etc etc.
We found this to be a great help
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew out with SA, they are wonderful. Josh was 1 at the time too and he had a sky cot. It is fab because you get bulkhead seats and lots of legroom. Josh slept really well in the sky cot and when he was awake, well, would she sit in a seat anyway? the staff are great with kids, very courteous. Make sure you get the sky cot confirmed!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:29 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tabby
Make sure you book child meals, or you won't get them!! We fell foul of this on our last trip!!
Yup so did we, very annoying it was to.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

if u dont mind me asking who r u booking them with as Singapore airlines online system is normally more expensive .. I am in work Monday if u want me to check the prices for u as thats what we sell .. will be no prob booking a seat for the infant .. u will have to have him/her on ur knee for take off and landing though .. pm me if u wish
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:42 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
if u dont mind me asking who r u booking them with as Singapore airlines online system is normally more expensive .. I am in work Monday if u want me to check the prices for u as thats what we sell .. will be no prob booking a seat for the infant .. u will have to have him/her on ur knee for take off and landing though .. pm me if u wish
I rang Singapore airlines and they said if I booked online it would be £50 cheaper.

Also the lady said there were no flights available in October, when I looked online there were loads.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

its up to will be no prob to have a look on mon or I can ring in work for u today just chk price and what is avail .
where r u heading by the way ..