Reload this Page >

A question about Quinns Rocks

A question about Quinns Rocks

Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Moonfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question about Quinns Rocks

Hi ,
I have a question about Quinns Rocks. I have looked on here,and I have heard quite a few negative points about parts of Quinns. Some say its really rough and ready, and not a good place to live, and other views are that some parts are really nice. We are looking for a rental in Butler, but its proving really hard to find a place, as I knew it would be, so thought I would widen my area of looking to Ridgewood,and Quinns, but dont know which part is ok, and which parts are a no no. Is there a rough guide anyone could give me, as in nothing north of --------St etc.
Also, does anyone know if the state primary school in Ridgewood would be different than if we were in Butler (as in some parts ,the difference between the two is next to nothing)
Many thanks
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about Quinns Rocks

Originally Posted by Moonfish
Hi ,
I have a question about Quinns Rocks. I have looked on here,and I have heard quite a few negative points about parts of Quinns. Some say its really rough and ready, and not a good place to live, and other views are that some parts are really nice. We are looking for a rental in Butler, but its proving really hard to find a place, as I knew it would be, so thought I would widen my area of looking to Ridgewood,and Quinns, but dont know which part is ok, and which parts are a no no. Is there a rough guide anyone could give me, as in nothing north of --------St etc.
Also, does anyone know if the state primary school in Ridgewood would be different than if we were in Butler (as in some parts ,the difference between the two is next to nothing)
Many thanks
The only negative I've ever heard about Quinns is that some parts are on an older sewage system and so there are problems with that. As for being rough or not a good place to live, I've not heard that. However, I also don't really give a monkey's what other people's opinions are when it comes to where I live. We lived quite happily in Clarkson for nearly 3 years while we built our house in Butler and weren't murdered in our sleep.

There's a house not 500m down the road from us (Butler) with a for lease sign on the front. I'll write down the agent's name when I take the dogs for a walk this afternoon and PM you with it.

Depending on where in Butler you live your kids would either go to Ridgewood, Butler or East Butler Primary.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The only negative I've ever heard about Quinns is that some parts are on an older sewage system and so there are problems with that. As for being rough or not a good place to live, I've not heard that. However, I also don't really give a monkey's what other people's opinions are when it comes to where I live. We lived quite happily in Clarkson for nearly 3 years while we built our house in Butler and weren't murdered in our sleep.

There's a house not 500m down the road from us (Butler) with a for lease sign on the front. I'll write down the agent's name when I take the dogs for a walk this afternoon and PM you with it.

Depending on where in Butler you live your kids would either go to Ridgewood, Butler or East Butler Primary.
Thank you Dorothy. I didnt mean to come across as snooty, or anything like that, was just looking at rentals, and there are 2 in Quinns that seem really cheap considering their size, and I was just wanting to check for myself that its an ok area,before I add the area to my "areas to look at" list. Am starting to feel that kind of desperation that sets in when you cant find anywhere to live. I realise Im luckier than some tho, at least we dont have to be puit by any set date, a couple of friends of mine have been given notice as the owners are returning , and they are in a far more stressful position
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Dorothy. I didnt mean to come across as snooty, or anything like that, was just looking at rentals, and there are 2 in Quinns that seem really cheap considering their size, and I was just wanting to check for myself that its an ok area,before I add the area to my "areas to look at" list. Am starting to feel that kind of desperation that sets in when you cant find anywhere to live. I realise Im luckier than some tho, at least we dont have to be puit by any set date, a couple of friends of mine have been given notice as the owners are returning , and they are in a far more stressful position
No, you didn't come across as snooty at all. There are some on here though that will dis a subub without having any firsthand knowledge of it at all. My good friend lived in Quinns for 7 years before they built their house in Butler (next door to me ) and she loved it there.

Here's the link for the house down the street. It's on a bus route and looks nice from outside. http://www.remaxextreme.com.au/index...ertyID=1881507
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, you didn't come across as snooty at all. There are some on here though that will dis a subub without having any firsthand knowledge of it at all. My good friend lived in Quinns for 7 years before they built their house in Butler (next door to me ) and she loved it there.

Here's the link for the house down the street. It's on a bus route and looks nice from outside. http://www.remaxextreme.com.au/index...ertyID=1881507
Many thanks
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Hi ,
Many thanks
We rented in Ridgewood when we first arrived and, other than a language development centre, there is no primary school there. I believe that Merriwa Primary would be your catchment school.