Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question about employment references(linked from nursing)

question about employment references(linked from nursing)

Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:46 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question about employment references(linked from nursing)

HI again!!!!!!

quick question, who can write or i should say sign your employment references. I intend to write them myself and get someone to sign them, but who??
i dont really want to have to approach my main managers and cant really see the point. do you think asking a G grade who is also a supervisor of midwives will suffice?

amanda
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: question about employment references(linked from nursing)

Amanda it has to be on headed paper from the institution with email and telephone contacts so if a G grade can do that then ask her but I would think it should really be more formal through your line manger (sorry ) but I know how fraught it is and I wouldnt want to risk it comming back the agents though ma y be able to help more Ps just PM'd you too
good luck mary
Old Jun 1st 2005, 5:46 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amanda76
HI again!!!!!!

quick question, who can write or i should say sign your employment references. I intend to write them myself and get someone to sign them, but who??
i dont really want to have to approach my main managers and cant really see the point. do you think asking a G grade who is also a supervisor of midwives will suffice?

amanda
Mine were all signed by G grades - got everything no problems. Visa was granted 12 weeks and 1 day. See my timeline - QLD reg. was very quick too as was modified ANMC skills assessment.

Good luck
Lynn
p.s come in to the nursing forum - your q's will get answered quicker there!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 6:59 pm

Smile Re: question about employment references(linked from nursing)

now i dont know what to do..........!! anybody else with any thoughts, if i have to ask managers i will - but would rather the people who actually know me and what i do. the place where i work is rather clicky!! and i have just begged the managers to up my hrs to over 20!! and now im ging to say im off to oz!! i would rather tell managers when its all the bag! do you know what i mean

amanda
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:05 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

i have just begged the managers to up my hrs to over 20!!
Don't want to rain on your parade ...but you have to have completed an average of 20 hrs per week for 12 out of the last 18 months you've been working. I hope that you have managed to do this as I know some on this forum were caught out by this (though some did get away with it)

Good luck with the visa process. Where are you hoping to head to once you get your visa ?

Gillian
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:32 am

hi yes will do, this has been my stumbling block for a yr now - it is such a pain, especially when you practise and are experienced. but i guess rukes are rules. i have done overtime and now have raised my hrs so am doing over 20 (24), i can apply april for actual visa however agent has suggested i get all stuff ready and register and have skill assessment done so that 136 visa will be on their desk on the date i have 12 months out of 18!!

amanda
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:05 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

hi yes will do, this has been my stumbling block for a yr now - it is such a pain, especially when you practise and are experienced. but i guess rukes are rules. i have done overtime and now have raised my hrs so am doing over 20 (24), i can apply april for actual visa however agent has suggested i get all stuff ready and register and have skill assessment done so that 136 visa will be on their desk on the date i have 12 months out of 18!!

amanda
Excellent - it seems like youve got it covered I've read some posts of people who have been so disapointed by this.
Gillian
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

amanda

yup, know what you mean - this is my problem too.

good idea to get it all ready to go - i intend to submit my nursing assessment in the new year so its ready to go as soon as the 12 months at 20 hours per week are met!! handing in my notice when im back at work next friday....so will be doing nhs p's for the next 12 months! at least its flexible

good luck....and with regards to references, can you not ask your matron? mine is quite happy to sign anything you put in front of her, and if you mention its confidential ie just between you and her, then she/he should keep quiet about it! our matron forgets what you tell her 5 minutes after you said it, so I have no problems!!

sue
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:57 am

hi tiredwithtwins - guess you must have twins!!

when are you able to submit your visa, ours is end of april, i just cant wait - its driving me mad, im so dying to get underway....
amanda
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:27 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi tiredwithtwins - guess you must have twins!!

when are you able to submit your visa, ours is end of april, i just cant wait - its driving me mad, im so dying to get underway....
amanda
hi, should hopefully be around july 2006 time - im just in the process of resigning from my nhs job to go onto nhs p's so that i can increase my hours and start earning some money!
It is very frustrating to have to wait, but ive waited this long already what with one thing and another, so another year isnt going to hurt (unless i cant submit it before june 2007 when i turn 40!!!)
hoping the points for the points test dont go up the next 12-14 months!!!!

sue