Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question about changing jobs before CO assigned

Question about changing jobs before CO assigned

Old May 26th 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice
Default Question about changing jobs before CO assigned

My husband has just been offered another job with more money but we are not due to have a CO assigned until July/August (138 application acknowledged on 9th March). Got the weekend to make a decision but worried incase DIMIA will need a reference from the new employer at some point down the line. (Obviously hubby doesnt want to mention anything to employers if he takes the job). I know we will have to inform DIMIA of this but dont want to hold up visa in any way. Anyone have any useful advice. Six months with more wages is what we could be doing with right now.
Old May 26th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Re: Question about changing jobs before CO assigned

Originally Posted by kozzae
My husband has just been offered another job with more money but we are not due to have a CO assigned until July/August (138 application acknowledged on 9th March). Got the weekend to make a decision but worried incase DIMIA will need a reference from the new employer at some point down the line. (Obviously hubby doesnt want to mention anything to employers if he takes the job). I know we will have to inform DIMIA of this but dont want to hold up visa in any way. Anyone have any useful advice. Six months with more wages is what we could be doing with right now.
Thats a good question that i would be interested to know about aswell. We put our visa application in at the beginning of Feb and was acknowleded soon after we have done medicals (unrequested) but my husband has been offered another job in Canada which is on a 12 week on 2 week home basis wondered like yourself if it would complicate the visa process he would probably be starting in about 2/3 weeks?
Old May 26th 2006, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by kozzae
Hi Kozzae

if its any help, I was told by my agent that once the application goes in , you only need notify about things like births, marriages, change of name etc.

Neil
Old May 26th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

I think you'd probably be ok because your application is based on the date of application and of course people don't tell them when they hand notice in etc.

With the Canada issue though maybe you should check if you all go there to live. I know friends who lived in Germany before they arrived didn't qualify for any of the reciprocal health agreements (they arrived on a temp visa so this was important). It probably won't affect you but it may be worth checking.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

My wife changed her job after the application had gone in (and before we had a CO). There was no problem as she had passed TRA and the CO goes on that rather than what she is doing at he moment.
Old May 27th 2006, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
My wife changed her job after the application had gone in (and before we had a CO). There was no problem as she had passed TRA and the CO goes on that rather than what she is doing at he moment.
Thanks for your reply. I think my husband will end up taking the new job althougn it may only be for about 6 months. We're obviously the same as everyone else on this website and that is not to hold up our application in any manner or way as we have all waiting so long for our visas. Our only concern is that Dimia may contact his present employers (work references for this company were obviously sent with our application) but I suppose at the end of the day he still has a reference from that company where he has worked for the last 6 years. Hopefully all will be ok and look forward to being in Perth in January hopefully.