Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question about buying baby stuff in Oz

Question about buying baby stuff in Oz

Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Question about buying baby stuff in Oz

Basically my question is where to go to get reasonably priced baby stuff. I need to get a cot and also a moses basket, baby carrier, and bath. I live in Brisbane.

Thanks in advance
Katie
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:27 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Question about buying baby stuff in Oz

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Basically my question is where to go to get reasonably priced baby stuff. I need to get a cot and also a moses basket, baby carrier, and bath. I live in Brisbane.

Thanks in advance
Katie
You might find this QLD Baby forum useful http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/CFFo...s.cfm?Forum=28

especially if you are anywhere near Morningside http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/CFFo...8&Topic=158054

Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:30 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks in advance
Katie
Target is suposed to be the place most people go to for cots and all that.

Kala
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Target is suposed to be the place most people go to for cots and all that.

Kala
Try and get service in there. We bought a cot that target sells for over $300 for $90 on e-bay. Change table from IKEA, pram from Babies Galore (you can haggle at least a 10% discount from them). Babies Galore (www.babiesgalore.com.au)service is much better, you can try the prams and they show you how the stuff works. http://www.babyco.com.au/default.asp?c=301130 is another shop. Target Big W and Kmart give an image of being cheaper but other places are much more helpful and will price match.

Some stuff is cheaper in Britain some here. We found the clothing is the same price in Britain but better quality. Mothercare also seemed to have a much better range than the shops around this area. Maybe there are bigger shops out west where there are more families.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:13 am
owieb

Thanks in advance
Katie
We bought the majority of our stuff from friends and saved a fortune. Some things we bought from a store called Baby On a Budget, not sure if they exist in Brisbane (we are in Perth).

Certainly worth trying the secondhand market for things like cots, highchairs etc. We also picked up some brand new items from garage sales for a fraction of the retail price.

Last edited by owieb; Apr 30th 2005 at 8:17 am.

Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:21 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Change table from IKEA,
we got ours from there - they do a changing mat to go with it (although can get a bit of static from it). Most other mat are too big for it (at least in UK). The table is a bit lower than ideal - got to remember to keep back straight as bending over causes me backache. They also do cheap bibs and dribble clothes as well.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:08 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

try www.ebay.com.au
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies. Bondipom I know what you mean about Target. I was in their baby section with my sister and there was not one shop assistant to ask about the products. Which I think is pretty bad, 'cus buying baby stuff you want to ask for advice.

The big shopping trip is planned for tommorow. I have listed the stores you guys have mentioned and we will take a tour of them all. I think hubby is pleased he is working.

I will let you know how I get on.

Katie