Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question about AOS/bond cenrelink

question about AOS/bond cenrelink

Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

rosscog will become famous soon enoughrosscog will become famous soon enough
Default question about AOS/bond cenrelink

Hi, as we had our medicals and police checks done and sent about 2 months ago I was beginning to wonder what was going on, so I sent an email to the case officer in adelaide asking at what stage the case was,

In her reply she said that she sent off the assurance of support documents to centrelink who will contact my assurer directly as the adelaide office no longer deals with AOS or bonds and that because of this there have been some delays.

Thats fair enough but what i need answered is, is my assurer, my sponsor as when i applied i believe they where the same person but if you apply now do they have to be different people.

The other thing is, does the assurer actually have to put any money up, as in my case and probably alot of you on here, my sponsor/assurer is my uncle and although he has been very good with filling in forms which state he will support me financially, there was an understanding from the both of us that if i couldnt support myself, i shouldnt come and he would not actually have the money to support my family and i would never expect him to.

So basically i am asking, who pays the bond, me or the assurer( if the assurer, still me but sent over to him).

sorry for the long post...
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:42 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: question about AOS/bond cenrelink

People who provide an AoS are required to show that they have the financial capacity to provide support and, if necessary, repay the debt.

To provide an Assurance of Support, Centrelink require the proposed assurer to:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen (holder of protected Special Category Visa)
- have a taxable income for the last two financial years and current income above the threshold
- evidence income for the previous two financial years with Income Tax Assessment Notices

- be 18 or over
- provide identity and
- be able to lodge a bond, if required.
http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/34aos.htm

I would suggest having the funds ready to pass over to your assurer, if you haven't already sent them.