Question about all in one machine

Old May 11th 2005, 3:27 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question about all in one machine

I've got an HP all in one printer/scanner/fax

Will the fax machine work in Australia?

Old May 11th 2005, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Question about all in one machine

Sure it will, but you'll need to rewire the plug Aussie style, which is a bit confusing as they don't have a fuse and there are other differences. Best consult an electrician when you get there.

[edit] not sure about the fax portion. Do aussie phone lines use and RJ11 connector?
Old May 11th 2005, 6:20 pm

That's what I was wondering about, whether the fax will work.......

Will have to do some more digging I guess!
Old May 11th 2005, 6:59 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Question about all in one machine

Originally Posted by bridiej
That's what I was wondering about, whether the fax will work.......

Will have to do some more digging I guess!
You could try their own website as they have one for Oz...

HP in Oz

Anyways, good luck.

R.
Old May 11th 2005, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Carruss
You could try their own website as they have one for Oz...

HP in Oz

Anyways, good luck.

R.

Oooh, thanks, never thought of that!! DOH!
Old May 11th 2005, 7:28 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
Sure it will, but you'll need to rewire the plug Aussie style, which is a bit confusing as they don't have a fuse and there are other differences. Best consult an electrician when you get there.

[edit] not sure about the fax portion. Do aussie phone lines use and RJ11 connector?
There are two different types of sockets - the RJ-11 and the ... erm ... other one You can buy an RJ-11 --> Other plug adapter for a few bucks.
Old May 11th 2005, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
There are two different types of sockets - the RJ-11 and the ... erm ... other one You can buy an RJ-11 --> Other plug adapter for a few bucks.
Cool, so the phone bit just needs an adaptor.

Will bring it with me then!
Old May 11th 2005, 8:11 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej
Cool, so the phone bit just needs an adaptor.

Will bring it with me then!
The other one is an RJ 45. Its the larger of the 2.

Neil
Old May 11th 2005, 8:19 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
The other one is an RJ 45. Its the larger of the 2.

Neil
I was meaning the other Aussie telephone plug. It's a weird three-pronged affair - the prongs being different shapes, kinda like a kids toy where he has to push the shapes through the holes

My memory is poor though and I can't find Mrs M's right now to give you a better description.
Old May 11th 2005, 8:28 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

I was meaning the other Aussie telephone plug. It's a weird three-pronged affair - the prongs being different shapes, kinda like a kids toy where he has to push the shapes through the holes

My memory is poor though and I can't find Mrs M's right now to give you a better description.
Is this the one you mean.

http://kropla.com/australia.htm

Neil
Old May 11th 2005, 8:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by neil.b
Is this the one you mean.

http://kropla.com/australia.htm

Neil
That's the fella.
Old May 11th 2005, 9:01 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

That's the fella.
Willmore,
after reading you previous answer I thought that you had left her somewhere!

Bye
Mark
(Now where is that wife of mine )
Old May 11th 2005, 9:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by markeh
Willmore,
after reading you previous answer I thought that you had left her somewhere!

Bye
Mark
(Now where is that wife of mine )
Willmore's not Mrs M. At least not my Mrs M