Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Question about the 7k First Time Home owners grant

Question about the 7k First Time Home owners grant

Old Dec 31st 2003, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question about the 7k First Time Home owners grant

I've just read on Aussie move that should you build your own home in Perth the 7000 AUD grant doubles to 14K?

Is this so?
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:26 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Not sure of the exact figures but they do give more for house builders as it costs more to build than buy an established house (not always if you are careful). Some builders do packages which include curtains/carpets etc, I think you do have to have that in order to qualify but not 100% sure.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by cherry6
Not sure of the exact figures but they do give more for house builders as it costs more to build than buy an established house (not always if you are careful). Some builders do packages which include curtains/carpets etc, I think you do have to have that in order to qualify but not 100% sure.
Sorry but its nothing to do with the above info!

There is one sum only $7000 for building or buying established.

The grant was initially 14,000 then 10,000 now its the 7000. The 14,000 information remains on the site as people only receive the money once they have completed construction. Building times now including all the application processes would be at least a year now so some people are still owed the 14,000 which is why that info remains. Grant was brought in to offset the introduction of GST, as that was years ago! its debatable how much longer the scheme will remain.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:50 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Sorry if that info was wrong, I was going by what we were told by Dale Alcock builders when we asked about building 3 years ago.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by cherry6
Sorry if that info was wrong, I was going by what we were told by Dale Alcock builders when we asked about building 3 years ago.
No problem, three years has been a very very long time in Real Estate here! Different ball game entirely
Old Jan 1st 2004, 2:03 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Question about the 7k First Time Home owners grant

Originally posted by TraceyW
I've just read on Aussie move that should you build your own home in Perth the 7000 AUD grant doubles to 14K?

Is this so?
Just in case you are still confused, it is ONLY $7,000 now. It used to be $14k, but it came down, as explained by Dotty.

Old Jan 1st 2004, 2:05 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

weve just got ours! ...we're in Perth$7,000...dotty is right!
pretty quick at getting it too....once we sent em copies of equivelent (sp) of deeds..ie certificate of title

..but there is one thing that it says..dunno if you know....you have to live in your house for 1 yr or you have to pay it back!
Old Jan 1st 2004, 7:10 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Right then, that's cleared that up! Thanks chaps.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

When you say it was quick, how quick?