A question....

Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Hummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile A question....

Maybe someone can enlighten me on what is next in the migration process?

I am applying as skilled independant. I am using a migration agent who seems very good. My TRA assessment has been approved and the main application is being submitted along with the character assessment too within the next 2 weeks.

I see from the posts that i need a police check and i think i can just go to the local police station and ask about that. And i know i will have to have a medical and interview at Australia house. (What does that entail?)

I am sure there are other items/events to happen but don't know what/when they will need to be done.

So what can I expect next? (If there are already answers to these somewhere else on the forum that i haven't seen then sorry to repeat!)

Thanks in advance

Marc
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Just curious how come you have to have a interview at Aus house . We didnt .
Joanne
Old Dec 6th 2003, 1:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a look through www.imi.gov.au you will find a list of approved doctors for the medical - phone round anyone vaguely local and get quotes as they are all different! You have to contact DIMIA for the form itself, its not downloadable, they will post it to you - you can email them through the website for it though.

At a rough guess, (from your location ) you live in Essex, so have a look at
http://www.essex.police.uk/pages/about/a_dpa96e.htm

The police check is called a Subject Access check, and this link should tell you how to get it done in Essex.

Thats a start for you anyway!!
Old Dec 6th 2003, 4:22 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jopaulss
Just curious how come you have to have a interview at Aus house . We didnt .
Joanne
I think its very rare to be interviewed now for this visa, since everything moved to Adelaide. You probably won't be interviewed.

Jane
Old Dec 6th 2003, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Hi marc, dont forget medicals, you have to have an H.I.V and hepatitus test, our friends had them done privatly, cost about £ 200 i think, sure you wont have to go to aus house for interview.Also the medical is only valid for a year, so youv'e got to time everything.... simon
Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:39 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question....

Originally posted by Hummy
Maybe someone can enlighten me on what is next in the migration process?

I am applying as skilled independant. I am using a migration agent who seems very good. Marc

Would have thought your agent would have given you the low down on the next step, speshly since you are probably paying them tons!!!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The agent will let you know when to book your meds, As they are not cheap (about £200 each) you have to be careful with the timing. They are only valid for a year.
The Subject Access is available from your local cop shop.As it is only £10 per adult it is not so much to lose if the visa takes over a year to be processed.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Hummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Thanks

I saw my doctor today and he said the same about the costs! Looks like another outlay I hadn't figured on.

I wasn't sure about an interview but had read it somewhere.

Oh well, i will just get on with it.

Thanks again.

Marc