British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Question? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/question-110978/)

Grub Sep 4th 2002 2:21 pm

Question?

How do i know if i have a private message from someone on the site? Is there some way we can be flagged?

Also, how do i edit my own details? I have looked around for an icon without success and end up pressing 'register' to be told that i am already registered but do i want to amend stuff.

Thanks

Nicky

jasmin Sep 4th 2002 2:23 pm

Re: Question?

Look along the very top of your screen where it says
Home- Forum index ... etc... choose preferences. I think you can do it from there
I will be on for a while, try it and I will try and PM you
Nicki

QUOTE]Originally posted by NickyTurner:
How do i know if i have a private message from someone on the site? Is there some way we can be flagged?

Also, how do i edit my own details? I have looked around for an icon without success and end up pressing 'register' to be told that i am already registered but do i want to amend stuff.

Thanks

Nicky [/QUOTE]

Grub Sep 4th 2002 2:47 pm

Yes- thanks for that. Finally i know how to amend tihngs and also have set up thingy that lets me get a note when i have new mail!
Cheers
How come you are called jasmin and nicki???

Nicky

jasmin Sep 4th 2002 3:06 pm

jasmin??

[How come you are called jasmin and nicki???

Well ages ago I needed an internet handle as I didn't want to use my real name so I looked around the room and saw my Aladdin video!! Thats where that came from.

I'm trying to wean myself off it now though!

Question for you then!! How do you put the little picture next to your name!!

cheers
Nicki

Grub Sep 4th 2002 3:08 pm

Re: jasmin??

Go into your preferences and go to 'amend avitar' or seomthing like that. It gives you some options but you can also choose your own from the net but i havent figured out how to do that yet!!! Derrr! Techno fear!!

Cheers

Nicky
I must be really dumb (no comments please) as i use my real name and give my email address out and everything. OH well. Too trusting i guess!

Originally posted by jasmin:
[How come you are called jasmin and nicki???

Well ages ago I needed an internet handle as I didn't want to use my real name so I looked around the room and saw my Aladdin video!! Thats where that came from.

I'm trying to wean myself off it now though!

Question for you then!! How do you put the little picture next to your name!!

cheers
Nicki

Steve & Family Sep 4th 2002 3:20 pm

Private Message

Hi Nicky,

Did you get to read the private message I sent you then ?

Kind Regards

Steve

Grub Sep 4th 2002 3:28 pm

Re: Private Message

Yes i did thanks. Sorry i hadnt realised one was in but hopefully now shall me notified if i get messages. It's all just getting so complicated........

I really should start doing some work..

Love
Nicky
PS Keep in touch

Originally posted by Steve & Family:
Hi Nicky,

Did you get to read the private message I sent you then ?

Kind Regards

Steve

Steve & Family Sep 4th 2002 3:33 pm

Re: Private Message

Not a problem - made me laugh when I saw your question though 'How do I know if I've got a private message' :).

Take care luv

Steve ;)