Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Query re Tax File Numbers

Query re Tax File Numbers

Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:58 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Query re Tax File Numbers

I suspect I may already have a TFN without realising it.

I am a director of our Australian subsidiary company, registered in Melbourne.

I received a letter telling me that I had a TFN but I assumed that it was for the company, not me as an individual. Now I'm not sure.

I have since read that directors of Australian companies are given TFNs.

Anyone know how I can check this out?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:10 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query re Tax File Numbers

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I suspect I may already have a TFN without realising it.

I am a director of our Australian subsidiary company, registered in Melbourne.

I received a letter telling me that I had a TFN but I assumed that it was for the company, not me as an individual. Now I'm not sure.

I have since read that directors of Australian companies are given TFNs.

Anyone know how I can check this out?

Is there a contact phone number on the letter,if so give them a ring,if they cant help surely they can point you in the right direction?

Donna.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:20 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by madsad
Is there a contact phone number on the letter,if so give them a ring,if they cant help surely they can point you in the right direction?

Donna.
Unfortunately not as the letter came from our lawyer over there, not the ATO. We can't find the original letter, of course.

I've just been on the ATO website and there's a helpline number so will ring on Monday, I dare say they won't be there now ...

Karma on its way!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:36 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Unfortunately not as the letter came from our lawyer over there, not the ATO. We can't find the original letter, of course.

I've just been on the ATO website and there's a helpline number so will ring on Monday, I dare say they won't be there now ...

Karma on its way!

Probably the best thing to do! (maybe open until 12 tomorrow? Sat)

Some K for you too

Donna.