QUEENSLAND UNI

Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of
Default Re: QUEENSLAND UNI

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Congratulations from someone who works at the University of Queensland. Which University do you mean as we've got quite a few! There's University of Queensland (UQ), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Griffith University, Bond University and then others such as University of Sunshine Coast, University of Southern Queensland etc, etc. What are you hoping to study? I can then find out what the entry level was for last year. Tell me course and faculty.
Hi Sue, thanks for the reply. I am applying to UQ for the Feb 08 intake and I am hoping to study Commerce with a major in accountancy. Fortunately I have worked out tht I have an aggregate score of 13 and Queensland entry rank of 98. I will P.M. you, as I have a few questions reagrding the university which you may be able to help me with.
Thanks
Pommy Babe
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
Hello Sue & Rabysody,

Thank-you for replying, I am referring to Queensland University in Brisbane (the St Lucia Campus) The course she wants to do is Journalism, (Bach, I think). this is the course she has just been accepted at Chester University in England.

I am really apprensive about her declining this place (she's got 14 days to accept it) even though she has to, to come with us.
I could not even contenplate moving to Australia, without one of my children, and the feeling is mutual with her.

I just wish that there was some way, that we could know that there was a High probability that she would get accepted. with the information we put on the application form, and the knowledge that she has now gained her A level results.
We did not apply for her government Grant in this country last month, as were sure that the Visa would come through, which it did. We made the decision to pay for her fees in Australia, from the sale of our house, a huge committment I know, but am aware even though we have a 136 PR visa, we would not be eligible for government loans.

This is really bearing down on my shoulders really hard, as it is her life, that I may be screwing up, if I don't get it right, or prepare her with the accurate information.

Really could do with some imput, from you all.

Carole
I think you will find Sue was replying to me.I will let you off just this once for hi-jacking my thread lol
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Well you can still both send me karma
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:00 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Congrats on your results and even more congrats on choosing The University of Qld for your study - I work here too and can heartily recommend it as a place to study :-) A large number of my close firends ffrom school attended here and they all recommend it as well.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Well done her, but jeez, if 3 c's at A level equals an OP4, then the Queensland authorities (QTAC) need to rejig their scale pretty majorly!

OP8 means in theory you are in the top 15% of students. 3 C's at A-level is achieved by something like 30% of students.