Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Tennis Centre

Queensland Tennis Centre

Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Queensland Tennis Centre

Watching the tennis this week I am astounded at the poor choice of camera angle in this new stadium. It's almost as if the cameras are positioned on the edge of the roof as the viewer looks down on each player. This positioning is more pronounced when you compare with ABC's coverage of the Hopman Cup from Perth which is using the more accepted angle. I hope Pat Rafter is happy watching the tennis there from his home on Channel 7.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Queensland Tennis Centre

Having now been to the centre to watch the men's singles semi-finals I was disappointed to find no large screen (ideal for watching playbacks) and no hawkeye (ideal for settling disputed line calls). Otherwise the Pat Rafter arena is well designed. Most of the audience is well shielded from the sun. Those near gate 2 (in either of the three price categories) did get the late afternoon sun. It was quaint to hear the sound of screeching wheels from the aging-not-so-well-maintained QR stock as a train came into Tennyson station.