Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Teacher Registration

Queensland Teacher Registration

Old May 20th 2005, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice
Default Queensland Teacher Registration

Queensland Board of Registration have got my application. Does anyone know how long it takes to process? Thanks
Old May 20th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Queensland Teacher Registration

Originally Posted by JG04
Queensland Board of Registration have got my application. Does anyone know how long it takes to process? Thanks
no sorry, but I am just about to do this please let me know how you get on
good luck Tara
Old May 20th 2005, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Hi Tara,
No problem. See you are off to Brisbane too! It's the place to be by the looks of this forum!
Registration was a lot of paperwork, then you have to apply to teach as well so more paperwork!

Originally Posted by ali south
good luck Tara

Last edited by JG04; May 20th 2005 at 8:45 pm.
Old May 20th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Hi Tara,
No problem. See you are off to Brisbane too! It's the place to be by the looks of this forum!
Registration was a lot of paperwork, then you have to aplpy to teach as well so more paperwork!
I am really worried about getting a job, in London I have been used to walking into a job of my choice
what do you teach,
are you not worried???
Tara
PS Paperwork I can handle- must be the experience!!
Old May 20th 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tara,
It hasn't actually worried me that much as I haven't been out of work, but as you say there is so much demand here for teachers. I am hoping to at least supply at first and get into long term contracts/permanent(lots of fingers crossed!) eventually! That is the only thing I'm worried about as I read lots on this forum about the difficulties getting permanent jobs in Southern Queensland. I am prepared to move further north but not till January (as I'm housesitting till then!) so hopefully will get supply Term 4. I teach Year 6 at the moment. What about you?

I am really worried about getting a job, in London I have been used to walking into a job of my choice
what do you teach,
are you not worried???
Tara
PS Paperwork I can handle- must be the experience!!
Old May 20th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I think it took 4-6 weeks to come through, but it depends if they require further info. You cannot teach with the registration though! You must next register again with your local education dept and for this you need a QLD address. You then get a letter of approval through with your employee no you can then take this to schools and go on the supply lists too.
Supply teachers get the same rate of pay regardless of experience.

To get a permanent job is a longgg process. You will need to get a contract first for at least 6 months and then do an assessment teacher rating where they grade you! Jobs are allocated according to the rating you get 1 being the highest etc. If you are prepared to go to remote areas you will get a job easily, if you stay there 3 -4 years you should accrue enough points to apply for a tranfer to come back permanently to a prefered area like Gold/sunny/ coast etc.

Good luck with it all. The lack of job security is awful but at least I am earning!!
Old May 21st 2005, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tara,
It hasn't actually worried me that much as I haven't been out of work, but as you say there is so much demand here for teachers. I am hoping to at least supply at first and get into long term contracts/permanent(lots of fingers crossed!) eventually! That is the only thing I'm worried about as I read lots on this forum about the difficulties getting permanent jobs in Southern Queensland. I am prepared to move further north but not till January (as I'm housesitting till then!) so hopefully will get supply Term 4. I teach Year 6 at the moment. What about you?
Jo
I am also primary, at the moment I work across London (and in Surrey at times) as an advisory teacher for pupils with a physical disability. I have never been out of work here.
We have enough money to carry us over for a while plus kids can get a job, I think we just need to keep open minded about the situation.
Good luck
Tara
Old May 21st 2005, 7:36 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi JG04,
Mine took about 4 weeks and I'm registered until 5th Dec '05, but by the time I get registered with local council I'm sure that I will need to apply again.
Sarah
Old May 21st 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi tinaj,
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming registering with the local authority is the form where you have to put the areas where you want to teach in order of preference? That's the one I downloaded anyway.
It does seem like such an ordeal to get a permanent post. How is the Sunshine coast? Are you enjoying teaching there? We would really like to live there but so does everyone else! Limited to the Gold Coast for first 4 months as we're housitting but you did mention I needed an address so that's handy! Coming out to Oz with a positive attitude!! I'm sure it is the way forward!

Originally Posted by tinaj
I think it took 4-6 weeks to come through, but it depends if they require further info. You cannot teach with the registration though! You must next register again with your local education dept and for this you need a QLD address. You then get a letter of approval through with your employee no you can then take this to schools and go on the supply lists too.

To get a permanent job is a longgg process. You will need to get a contract first for at least 6 months and then do an assessment teacher rating where they grade you! Jobs are allocated according to the rating you get 1 being the highest etc. If you are prepared to go to remote areas you will get a job easily, if you stay there 3 -4 years you should accrue enough points to apply for a tranfer to come back permanently to a prefered area like Gold/sunny/ coast etc.

Good luck with it all. The lack of job security is awful but at least I am earning!!
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi again tinaj,
Just had a thought about this 'getting a permanent' job thing! If it takes so long how can you decide to settle and buy a house? Surely that must cause problems. We've been stuck in the 'financial black hole' that is renting for a few years now and really don't want to be in that situation again in Oz. Any advice? Thanks.

Originally Posted by tinaj

Old Jun 1st 2005, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tara,

Got my registration today, only took 2 and a half weeks and that included posting time! They were very quick off the mark and returned several of my certified documents so I don't have to get more done! Now have to fill in another form for Qld Ed Dept. Will get round to cold calling private schools as well in the near future!
good luck Tara
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Queensland Teacher Registration

Hi Tara,

Got my registration today, only took 2 and a half weeks and that included posting time! They were very quick off the mark and returned several of my certified documents so I don't have to get more done! Now have to fill in another form for Qld Ed Dept. Will get round to cold calling private schools as well in the near future!
Hi Jo
Blimey that was quick, as it is half term I am trying to get mine done. This is so bloody confusing. I am also trying to do NSW too which has differnt rules. Did you just download the form from the web and send it off?
What next??
Once you are registered what do you do next?
Tara
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:00 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Hi
I've been sorting out my QLD teacher registration paper work today too (in between writing reports and getting quotes for shippers, I need to go back to work for a rest). It's surprisingly confusing isn't it!

I'm sure I read on here before someone saying that as soon as they had registered their phone started ringing for supply/short term contracts. Seems a bit strange but sounded encouraging that schools were looking for teachers.

I'm a bit unsure about what to do next. Once registered how do you actually get a job??? I haven't been able to find out where jobs would be advertised.

How long does the local registration take? I want to try to get supply as soon as we arrive on 2nd Nov but if it takes weeks after I've found somewhere to live it will be the end of term and there won't have been any point in registering for this year.

My brain hurts just thinking about it.

Mrs PWBCSA
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
Hi
I've been sorting out my QLD teacher registration paper work today too (in between writing reports and getting quotes for shippers, I need to go back to work for a rest). It's surprisingly confusing isn't it!

Mrs PWBCSA
SSSHHHHHhhhh! Dont say the R word. Last Friday I decided I'd spend this half term writing them so they would all be done in time for the last half term. I have 29 to write & haven't started any yet. I'm on here trying my upmost best to avoid them. Good luck to all on here avoiding theirs too.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tara,
As far as I know (and what I'm doing tonight!) you have to fill in a form that goes to your area of preference head office(so mine will go to Gold Coast North). It is called 'Application for teacher employment' and it is all on the Qld Edu website. Pretty much send the same paperwork as you did for rego. NSW you can do on-line and when I went into their office (NSW) they said they preferred you to do this. I have sent my CV to half a dozen independent schools and they told me to keep looking at the local papers. Are you going to the meet? I haven't checked that thread yet as only just back from Newquay so not sure if it has been organised yet.

Hi Jo
Blimey that was quick, as it is half term I am trying to get mine done. This is so bloody confusing. I am also trying to do NSW too which has differnt rules. Did you just download the form from the web and send it off?
What next??
Once you are registered what do you do next?
Tara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.