Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Reccie

Queensland Reccie

Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Reccie

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Yes I understand someone has a house to sell in New Zealand!

Buzzy

I hear Rangiora is nice this time of year
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear that but at least you tried it. Perhaps there would be a different area of Australia that would suit you better.

Good luck for the future.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:46 pm
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l think you made a mistake if all you saw of OZ was queenland, you should have seen most of the country before deciding you don't like, because OZ is a vast country , for example Victoria is very differnt from Queensland in terms of climate, countryside, cities etc.
You may be right but it comes down to a personal thing and as I said it just didn't feel right for Julie . I still had a few reservations myself ,whether we could afford to live there as we are not in high earning jobs and Australia is not as cheap a country as people make out and yes we probably had on the oz tinted glasses before we went.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:50 pm
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Originally Posted by mumomonty
They are if you speak to the English ones who run salons here! Honest they say that the ones here just don't get the right training.
Not trying to say come here cos I'd like to leave but it might be your cuppa tea. Depends if it's on the 'list' that immigration deems needed I suppose.
Were are you and why do you want to leave ?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:13 pm
Hibees Hibees

Originally Posted by jimtrish
Hi Gary, Just wanted to say, wish you all well for the future, wherever you choose it to be.
Im sorry oz wasnt for you, but atleast you had the opportunity to find out first. we were lucky, we came over once, had never been before and love it.
I think lots of oz is like america, but I dont think our place is.
From what I gather, NZ is in need of hairdressers too
sorry we didnt get to meet, take of yourselves and keep in touch

luv

Trish
xx
We are sorry also we couldn't meet up but it couldn't be helped,take care .

gary
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:42 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that,wondered why u never got in touch

Best of luck to you all,whatever your future holds x

Take Care.

Donna.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad

Take Care.

Donna.

North Lakes is one of the areas we have been looking at..........any info on the area would be appreciated.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gary stewart
Back home tired and skint.Had a great time however the dream is over Julie just didn't fancy Australia so that's it,would like to thank everyone for all the bits of info and advice we have picked up from BE.I have an ozzy mobile and a couple of sim cards with some credit if anyone going soon is interested and wants to pm me.Wish everyone going all the best and hope everything works out for you.

Gary,Julie and kids
Hi Gary
We are planning on moving to Oz next year, never been......interested in what put you off........Are you thinking of trying other areas of Oz?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:03 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
North Lakes is one of the areas we have been looking at..........any info on the area would be appreciated.

Drop me a pm & ask away

Donna.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Drop me a pm & ask away

Donna.

Have not upgraded to premium membership so unfortunately can't........
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:22 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Have not upgraded to premium membership so unfortunately can't........

u dont need to be a premium member to pm
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:22 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

You can pm without premium
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gary stewart
Back home tired and skint.Had a great time however the dream is over Julie just didn't fancy Australia so that's it,would like to thank everyone for all the bits of info and advice we have picked up from BE.I have an ozzy mobile and a couple of sim cards with some credit if anyone going soon is interested and wants to pm me.Wish everyone going all the best and hope everything works out for you.

Gary,Julie and kids
Can I just say.
Tell your wife to follow her gut instinct.
It really is different when on holiday and actually living somewhere day in day out.
We went to Perth a few years ago had a fab time but on the plane over I had serious doubts about living there.
The next year we went to Brisbane loved it and decided to come out permanently.
Sold up gave up everything in the UK.6 months down the line I am as homesick as hell and full of regret.
Should have followed my gut instinct the second time round as I had major doubts before we came here.
Now I am lonely and unhappy and just wishing to have my old life back.
Until you live in another country you just do not appreciate what you have until you loose it.This is only my personal view and everyone is different.
All the best.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:43 pm
Hibees Hibees

Take Care.

Donna.
We were in Aspley and passed North Lakes a couple of times but didn't have a number to contact you.

Gary
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:54 pm
Hibees Hibees

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Can I just say.
Tell your wife to follow her gut instinct.
It really is different when on holiday and actually living somewhere day in day out.
We went to Perth a few years ago had a fab time but on the plane over I had serious doubts about living there.
The next year we went to Brisbane loved it and decided to come out permanently.
Sold up gave up everything in the UK.6 months down the line I am as homesick as hell and full of regret.
Should have followed my gut instinct the second time round as I had major doubts before we came here.
Now I am lonely and unhappy and just wishing to have my old life back.
Until you live in another country you just do not appreciate what you have until you loose it.This is only my personal view and everyone is different.
All the best.
Cheers for that,Julie is still feeling a bit low,she feels that she has let everyone down but she did the right thing saying it was not for her instead of going along with things then regretting it when we had moved.Hope things work out for you.

Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.