Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Originally Posted by loz
Just another sly decimation hey Polly? This man and I use the term very loosely just has no shame or concience.
I see the rural firies have been ripped apart as well.
Hubby heard today that he is safe for the moment so that is a relief, hope everybody else on here managed to escape the axe.

I am not saying that Newman is running scared but my hubbies building had an emengency lockdown drill today................guess when...........lunchtime just as the rally was setting off from Queens Park........nobody could get out of the building so they couldn't go join their collegues.........................how crap is that?
Yeah and that was coincidence of course

57% of uniformed support for the rural firies is gone. Thats the people who despatch them, sort their uniforms and equipment, make sure they are fed and sheltered while they're away from home .......
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:11 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah and that was coincidence of course

57% of uniformed support for the rural firies is gone. Thats the people who despatch them, sort their uniforms and equipment, make sure they are fed and sheltered while they're away from home .......
His arrogance will be his downfall. He's got not one ounce of humility in him
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Department of Education, Training and Employment program savings 2012-13

Funding has ceased to a number of programs that the department has previously supported. List at the link below -

http://deta.qld.gov.au/publications/...m-savings.html
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:47 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

NSW Education is now in the firing line. 1.7 billion dollars of cuts and that is after the last round of cutbacks that has seen aid time ripped out of the classroom.

The elephant in the room is which taxes should we raise to pay for the services we want?

Department of Education, Training and Employment program savings 2012-13

Funding has ceased to a number of programs that the department has previously supported. List at the link below -

http://deta.qld.gov.au/publications/...m-savings.html
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carling black label
This was supposed to be the Tories stance in the UK, tear apart UK spending on public sector jobs; it has really not happened, instead the UK is printing money to keep the Public Sector employed, so dampening down the effect of a weakening economy, not great, but hey better to keep jobs, than to throw people to the dole queues..Not sure how long they can keep printing to make up the tax take short fall, but hey....

In Qld, well if this is true, it will keep the currency strong by not printing, will help kill off tourism with a strong dollar, so kill off people's lively-hoods dependent on tourists.......If they are culling public sector jobs also, well that will kill the economy stone dead, there is little to look for in the private sector, manufacturing is all but dead, due to the dolllar, so losing any competitive advantage, relative to Asia......It don't look good here in Oz, unless your a miner, or a banker........Maybe, the bad times are finally arriving here, i hope not, having just arrived myself......
Wow why do you think the public sector cuts in the uk didn't happen? Myself and my husband were public sector for years and both lost our jobs. The cuts at my husbands place were 25 percent and 20 percent in my department and both departments had only just finished the last round of job cuts.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kapri
The government here in the UK has also done a great job in convincing the general public that public sector worker are faceless, lazy, entitled bloodsuckers.
Ain't that the truth....
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:55 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mavine1
Ain't that the truth....
Oh dear. Sapped in by negative media like the Daily Mail.
The Public Sector in both the UK and Australia has undergone a significant transformation in the last 10 years where "new managerialism" (Exworthy) is the predominant work ethic and culture.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
Oh dear. Sapped in by negative media like the Daily Mail.
The Public Sector in both the UK and Australia has undergone a significant transformation in the last 10 years where "new managerialism" (Exworthy) is the predominant work ethic and culture.
It's unbelievable that the 'general public' are given the impression that public sector workers are sitting on their arses, counting their money, enjoying a lavish lifestyle and getting a massive pension at the end. I have worked in private and state organisations in similar roles and there is no doubt I was better off in the private sector. Better benefits, higher pay, less hours. The Only positive was a slightly better pension in the public sector but not by masses. It's such a shame there isn't better understanding.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:51 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mavine1
Wow why do you think the public sector cuts in the uk didn't happen? Myself and my husband were public sector for years and both lost our jobs. The cuts at my husbands place were 25 percent and 20 percent in my department and both departments had only just finished the last round of job cuts.
Its OK, he's a troll of the first order and is now in the sin bin. Sentenced to listening to Claptrap Newman all day.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Its OK, he's a troll of the first order and is now in the sin bin. Sentenced to listening to Claptrap Newman all day.
Ha haa!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:57 am
Home and Happy

Yep. Equivalent of 11 full-time posts, head office & regional. Not sure whether this means the programme will have to close, but we can't see how it can continue. I worked in the unit for about a year, great group to work with & all devoted so much of their free time to Cadets too.
The SES Cadets programme will be closed. With effect so immediate that the annual Awards ceremony planned for next week is now cancelled.
In rural areas of Queensland the Cadets is often the only activity available to youngsters - they learnt skills that they later utilise in Rural Fire or SES, and in a lot of cases they have been following a path to a Certificate II in Public Safety.Thats now all been taken away from them. Those kids are left with nothing.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:14 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

The SES Cadets programme will be closed. With effect so immediate that the annual Awards ceremony planned for next week is now cancelled.
In rural areas of Queensland the Cadets is often the only activity available to youngsters - they learnt skills that they later utilise in Rural Fire or SES, and in a lot of cases they have been following a path to a Certificate II in Public Safety.Thats now all been taken away from them. Those kids are left with nothing.
You know how this works don't you?

A manager is told to put forward $Xm/X people in cuts. If they think there is scope for those cuts to miss them, they put forward stuff that would cause pain and bad publicity in the belief that those making the final decisions would rather put the cuts elsewhere than take the unpopular cuts.

Problem is, sometimes this wheeze doesn't work out.

My guess, this was one of those "you wouldn't dare" options.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:20 am
Home and Happy

THE Newman Government has done a backflip on cuts to the Rural Fire Service, telling volunteers a memo detailing job losses among paid staff had been circulated by mistake.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/n...-1226473278942

The Rural Fire Brigades Association of Queensland said Minister for Police and Community Safety Jack Dempsey had told RFBAQ President Mike Garrahy last night he had not approved the organisational chart released yesterday and he regretted "any confusion and uncertainty this premature release may have caused".

The RFBAQ, which represents the 35,000 rural fire volunteers in Queensland, said the memo stuff-up showed the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service was "suffering from a case of premature circulation".

It said it understood that all redundancies were now "on hold".

Meetings would be held shortly between the RFBAQ and the Minister's office about proposed cuts, it said.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

Just found out a whole load of people in my department (DAFF) are going. I can understand the need for cuts and for a more streamlined public service, but there is just no sense to the projects that are being cut. We've lost a whole chunk of Biosecurity and if I have heard correctly all of the farm financial counselors are being axed. I work(ed) with one of these people - after the floods he helped so many growers in the Lockyer Valley, many of whom were suicidal, putting in many extra hours. Plus so many world-class scientists with decades of experience have been lost - not something you can replace. So much for Agri-Science being a 'pillar' and so much for the 'Smart State'.
Anyway that's enough venting, had to get it off my chest.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:42 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly just a quick update on the Rural Firies premature e-mail fiasco.....it looks like this is another lie of the biggest order by one of Can-dupes stooges. A couple of those affected have confirmed that the news was broken to all rural firies via video-conference at 2.40 on Tuesday arvo and followed up with a confirmation e-mail straight after..............................the plot thickens...............so who's telling porkies now Mr Dempsey? Mr Newman......any of you care to reply??????
Think this one will bite them on the bum big time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.