Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Old Sep 8th 2012, 5:54 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Fingers crossed for everyone still hanging on (including my hubby) for Tuesday. Just as a matter of interest for some who still believe in Santa Claus (sorry Canbull Newman) my brother-in-law was told yesterday his job is not considered front line and may be outsourced. What does he do you ask? He services and repairs any electronic equipment used in our public hospitals.....he's based at Ipswich hospital but travels the length of Queensland several times a year to remote areas to service their stuff....and this is no longer considered frontline!!!!!!
Well THAT makes sense NOT. I mean we don't need life support machines, incubators and non essential stuff like that do we???????
Old Sep 8th 2012, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Fingers crossed for everyone still hanging on (including my hubby) for Tuesday. Just as a matter of interest for some who still believe in Santa Claus (sorry Canbull Newman) my brother-in-law was told yesterday his job is not considered front line and may be outsourced. What does he do you ask? He services and repairs any electronic equipment used in our public hospitals.....he's based at Ipswich hospital but travels the length of Queensland several times a year to remote areas to service their stuff....and this is no longer considered frontline!!!!!!
Well THAT makes sense NOT. I mean we don't need life support machines, incubators and non essential stuff like that do we???????
Another insane decision Guess your BiL is one of those mentioned in this article. Public servants are now almost scared to pluck up the phone when they see its an internal number just in case it means its their turn.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...907-25iad.html

1217 jobs to go from corporate office areas included the areas under the Chief Health Officer, such as preventive health, public health, tuberculosis treatment and "a whole range of areas"..................260 jobs to go from the Systems Support Services area (down from 1838 jobs to 1578), while this area will investigate more “outsourcing opportunities” with the private sector.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 10:26 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he is Polly. Just over a month ago he was told his job was safe and the silly bugger went and got himself into extra debt to have a new deck and roof done over the pool (despite all our protests.....I think it was to keep the wife happy ) and now he has found out his job could go at any time.
We have put everything on hold until the maniac delivers his budget at least....just don't know if the car will hang on much longer!!!!!!!!!

Anybody being given the choice of taking a package or hanging on for re-deployment BE VERY CAREFULL.....a good friend of ours decided she would stick in there (also in Queensland Health based at Ipswich) for redeployment and she now is based at Roma (she comes home every 2nd weekend ) BUT she was told on Friday that job would not exist in 2 months time but because she didn't accept the package when offered she will lose the 12 weeks pay she was offered and just get her normal entitlements (ie long service and annual leave). Not a bad way to con people hey???? BASTARDS sorry mods but it had to be said
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
BASTARDS sorry mods but it had to be said
Blimey, don't apologise for that. You could apologise to those born out of wedlock possibly. I'd be saying far more than that if I were in your shoes.

Out of interest, how many employees are being cut from government offices - you know those who stand/sit behind the Premier, produce pointless leaflets, push pens etc?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:51 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

What normally happens after the cuts is the politicians then get a lot of negative feedback and they cannot get anything done. Then the rediculous merry go round of re employing those paid out happens.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Blimey, don't apologise for that. You could apologise to those born out of wedlock possibly. I'd be saying far more than that if I were in your shoes.

Out of interest, how many employees are being cut from government offices - you know those who stand/sit behind the Premier, produce pointless leaflets, push pens etc?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:59 am
loz
this is home!!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

I think you will find a big fat zero there Moneypenny. After all our precious premier needs somebody to fetch and carry and wipe his arse.....oooops there I go again. I am just soooooooooooooo angry at the moment (bet you can't tell hey ?)
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:23 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
I think you will find a big fat zero there Moneypenny. After all our precious premier needs somebody to fetch and carry and wipe his arse.....oooops there I go again. I am just soooooooooooooo angry at the moment (bet you can't tell hey ?)
....and source his new sofas, sort out the plans for his own new offices etc.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been thinking of you all after the bombshell was dropped on friday
Old Sep 9th 2012, 3:12 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

We've been in budgeting mode today and assuming the worst come Tuesday.

On the upside the strawberries, spinach, herbs and lettuce are coming along lovely
Old Sep 9th 2012, 4:46 am
loz
this is home!!

Originally Posted by DeadVim

On the upside the strawberries, spinach, herbs and lettuce are coming along lovely
For the first time ever we are going to have a bash at growing our own....went and priced up a raised bed thingy yesterday and think even if OH doesn't get the flick we may have a go.

Good luck for your OH this week and anybody else waiting for the axe to fall....hope you all survive....even if this may only be round one..if you live to fight another day

Last edited by moneypenny20; Sep 9th 2012 at 8:23 am.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
For the first time ever we are going to have a bash at growing our own....went and priced up a raised bed thingy yesterday and think even if OH doesn't get the flick we may have a go.

Good luck for your OH this week and anybody else waiting for the axe to fall....hope you all survive....even if this may only be round one..if you live to fight another day
Good stuff, a bit of The Good Life doesn't hurt anybody, employed or not.

I've got two more IT jobs to apply for tomorrow so hopefully they will produce something. I've applied for a couple of warehouse jobs too. I thought it was a whorehouse, hence my interest

The money is better in IT but a warehouse might keep me fitter
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:47 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loz

I quite like the sound of that, growing my own veg.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:30 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Originally Posted by loz

Good luck to your OHs, and to all the others nervously watching the axe tomorrow.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...911-25px8.html

Thinking of my many friends who no longer have jobs. Still waiting to hear about mine.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 8:28 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Good luck to your OHs, and to all the others nervously watching the axe tomorrow.
I'll second that mate. This guys an arse of the highest order.Fingers crossed for all you guys that all will be ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.