Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland public servants declare war on Newman

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Surely that was his point? To get rid of many in those grades who do have the qualifications to find work in the public sector and therefore leave the people who actually do the work to remain employed by the state. He said:

Just because someone believes there are too many employed by the state doesn't mean they're saying everyone should go.
Have to say I don't know anyone on my level, AO5, who would call their job "cushy" but there you go. And the indiscriminate way in which the culling is being done means there is no logic as to who is ending up jobless, we've seen many examples of that this last couple of weeks.

I don't actually expect much sympathy from people on here for the plight of any public servant, we know what the majority of people think of us, we get it thrown at us every day in the newspapers for starters. It would just be nice if sometimes people remembered we are actually human beings
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have to say I don't know anyone on my level, AO5, who would call their job "cushy" but there you go. And the indiscriminate way in which the culling is being done means there is no logic as to who is ending up jobless, we've seen many examples of that this last couple of weeks.

I don't actually expect much sympathy from people on here for the plight of any public servant, we know what the majority of people think of us, we get it thrown at us every day in the newspapers for starters. It would just be nice if sometimes people remembered we are actually human beings
So you're saying there aren't too many public sector workers and that they should all stay employed? Because so far no one on here has been negative in anyway towards many of the public sector and that obviously includes Emergency/Nursing/Teaching etc - both front line and back room.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

There are massive cuts happening in wa health too at the moment.... Only here no one seems to even notice.... Would like to declare war on kim Haimes meself
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to think this thread was started to keep me in the uk
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So you're saying there aren't too many public sector workers and that they should all stay employed? Because so far no one on here has been negative in anyway towards many of the public sector and that obviously includes Emergency/Nursing/Teaching etc - both front line and back room.
No, I do think the public service needs a shake up - GarryP hit the nail on the head with his post earlier I reckon - it needs a shake up, but a balanced shake up, not the indiscriminate "you work in that unit and we are shutting it, bye" way that its being done. For instance - allowing people to finish projects, such as computer systems that have been working towards a test date for 7 years, then the staff are all told to leave two weeks before the end of the project - how is that good planning when the whole project now gets shelved with a wastage of millions of $$.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It's not doing my BE paranoia any good
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:52 pm
Home and Happy

It's not doing my BE paranoia any good
Queensland's public servants are obviously waiting for a superhero to come and save them .......
Old Jul 17th 2012, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pity your typical Courier Mail commentator finds it easier to swallow Newman's propaganda rather than try to understand the facts:

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollytics...qld-treasurer/
Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:34 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by carling black label
Lagerman will save the day, hey Bern, VBMan will swoop and serv, keep the citizens of Brisbane safe from Newman the Horrible.......Flame on ooops, beer on i mean......
Only you can save Brisbane now lagerman
Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:40 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Kapri
We seem to be have been in this together for a long time
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:48 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

We seem to be have been in this together for a long time
I know

I think I'll wait and see how you fare, then make my decision
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:44 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Kapri
I know

I think I'll wait and see how you fare, then make my decision
Gee thanks,i love being in shock troop
Old Jul 18th 2012, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by carling black label
On a serious note, i know, boring as f**k.... But Lagerlady is doing her induction course at The Royal Women's Brisbane this week, it's jam packed with nurses, she is only doing it for casual pool, and so are alot others. No permanent jobs going, they all go internally such is the demand apparently. In every second sentence, cuts are mentioned.......Sixty people on the course, sixty packets of biscuits, not one packet spare, the instructor stated, no taking more than one packet, the instructor said........ these cuts are vicious, its gonna hurt.....
They get biscuits?!! no-one tell Newman, he'll soon put a stop to that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.