Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Police

Queensland Police

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:07 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Queensland Police

Hello,

Anyone here works for Queensland Police Service that could PM me?

Have a few Q's re: Recruitment process and selection.

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:24 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Police

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hello,

Thanks
Have you had a look at the "Working Abroad" forum?
There's a section there for police. You may find your answers in there.
Good Luck!
Julie. x
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Hello,

Thanks
Hi, Boomerang. If I have worked this thing out right you should have a PM but if not just reply back to this and I shall try again.

Have a look at www.policeoracle.com they have a page on their forum re questions about joining Qld Police. Any questions just PM me and I will try to answer. I was in police in the Met UK now in Qld on the Sunshine Coast, a few of us here now.
Cliff
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

Thanks

Sorry, you've got it all wrong, there are no police in Queensland. The kids find it quite a novelty to see a police car
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:06 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Yeah I was thinking that. Seems to be a lack of coppers up here on Sunshine Coast.. They turned up to pay a call to a foul neighbour I had when he played his music until 5am and I reported him.
HOWEVER, had pretty nasty car accident in Mooloolaba on Tuesday and the police did arrive quickly and were very professional.

Hurry up and join - we need more!!
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

My impression is that there are plenty of Police on the Sunshine Coast. They seem to enjoy hassling kids riding home on bicyles from Mountain Creek High School. My 15 year old lad got a $30 fine for riding his bike in a cycle lane on the wrong side of the road instead of risking his life on the opposite side of the road where there is no cycle lane.
They regularly stop them to pull them up for not wearing cycle helmets(not such a bad thing) but would think there were far more pressing issues to deal with.
They also set up plenty of speed traps around the Sunny Coast.
Oh yeah, and not so long ago a work mate got a ticket for doing a U-turn at a traffic light junction.
My neighbour is even a Policeman as is the guy I met walking the dog the other day.
There are plenty of Police here but they seem to be pre-occupied with enforcing traffic law.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 6:01 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

I take back my post! You are right of course. I had forgotten the 2 speeding fines me and my partner got during our first 2 weeks here.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
I take back my post! You are right of course. I had forgotten the 2 speeding fines me and my partner got during our first 2 weeks here.
OK I take back what I said. I have actually seen lots of policemen - in the queues at KFC and McDonalds at Kawana
I agree they do seem to hassle the kids on bikes, but WHY do they think its ok to ride up the wrong side of the road - any road!
I wish they would do more to enforce the speed in school zones :scared: and most of the people doing the speeding have kids at the school
Old Mar 26th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by migrantoz
My impression is that there are plenty of Police on the Sunshine Coast. They seem to enjoy hassling kids riding home on bicyles from Mountain Creek High School. My 15 year old lad got a $30 fine for riding his bike in a cycle lane on the wrong side of the road instead of risking his life on the opposite side of the road where there is no cycle lane.
They regularly stop them to pull them up for not wearing cycle helmets(not such a bad thing) but would think there were far more pressing issues to deal with.
They also set up plenty of speed traps around the Sunny Coast.
Oh yeah, and not so long ago a work mate got a ticket for doing a U-turn at a traffic light junction.
My neighbour is even a Policeman as is the guy I met walking the dog the other day.
There are plenty of Police here but they seem to be pre-occupied with enforcing traffic law.

"My impression is that there are plenty of Police on the Sunshine Coast".

Qld has around 9,000 Police officers in the whole of Qld, the Metropolitan police service had around 31,200 and that was just for London which did not include the City of London police Service. If England can fit into Qld 5 times over, I dont think there are plenty of Police.

"They regularly stop them to pull them up for not wearing cycle helmets(not such a bad thing) but would think there were far more pressing issues to deal with".

I understand it is hard to appreciate the helmet law here in Qld and was one that I would flout but after seeing accident victims who were not wearing helmets my opinion changed. I also feel that if the Police ignored the children without helmets this would send out the wrong signal and some would think that they can get away with the more serious offences as the police dont care.
If the police happen to be in an area when children ride by without their helmets and were seen by the community to ignore it there would be complaints that the police do not take the safety of children seriously. The police do have a duty of care.

"They also set up plenty of speed traps around the Sunny Coast".

The majority of speed camera's that are seen are the traffic branch and as part of their job is to detect and deter traffic offences that is why they are there, I seem to remember driving on the M25 and many other roads in the UK where there were many speed camera. Like most I have been guilty of speeding at times but it is a risk you take, if you get caught you pay the price.

"Oh yeah, and not so long ago a work mate got a ticket for doing a U-turn at a traffic light junction".

I can only assume that your friend was from England and was not aware that it is an offence to do a U-turn at a traffic light junction unless there is a sign stating U-turn permitted. I know it seems a bit harsh if you are not aware but we all should have taken a driving test or theory test which should have involved looking at the highway code equivalent. Also in England as well as Australia " Ignorance of the law does not afford any excuse for an act or omission which would otherwise constitute an offence"

"There are plenty of Police here but they seem to be pre-occupied with enforcing traffic law".

I have read many threads on this site regarding the bad driving behaviour of people in Qld perhaps this is why they seem pre-occupied with traffic.

Last thought, If the Police do seem pre-occupied with traffic then perhaps it is a sign there is not more pressing issues and that has to be good for those living here.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff, can you clear something up for me. I would look in my highway code book (QLD equivalent anyway) but don't know where it is. When there are cycle ways on roads, are the cyclist allowed to cycle whichever direction they want? I have now got used to looking in 20 different directions when pulling in or out of spaces after nearly killing some middle aged man going (in my opinion) the wrong way, just wondered what the actual rule was
Old Mar 26th 2006, 12:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mandy&Cliff
Last thought, If the Police do seem pre-occupied with traffic then perhaps it is a sign there is not more pressing issues and that has to be good for those living here.[/QUOTE]

The Revenue Collectors (sorry, I mean Police) are preoccupied with traffic as they are raising money for the state government. There are more pressing issues. Crime is the same here as in the UK & a lot of crimes go unsolved. Revenue Collection is a part of modern Police duties.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The Revenue Collectors (sorry, I mean Police) are preoccupied with traffic as they are raising money for the state government. There are more pressing issues. Crime is the same here as in the UK & a lot of crimes go unsolved. Revenue Collection is a part of modern Police duties.

Cheers Amazulu..

Must go now, Howard`s purse needs filling.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

[ with reference to unsolved crime, could you send me over a bottle of your finest single malt
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:53 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I have a great idea to teach the police a lesson!
Drive within the speed limit!
They'll be so bored with the speed checks and combined with no revenue coming in, their bosses may insist they focus on other areas!

That'll teach 'em!

We should all do it as a mass protest! Stick to the speed limits and force the police to catch some real criminals.

Andrew
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Cheers Amazulu..

Must go now, Howard`s purse needs filling.
See, I was right! Hope you enjoy your police 'work'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.