Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland oinkers

Queensland oinkers

Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:34 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland oinkers

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
lmfao the rozers are going on strike next tuesday cos one of their own has been done for bashing an aboriginal. Well they certainly didn't help him...

That statement shows just how ill-informed you are, as he has not been charged, let alone faced a trial, let alone convicted.
As Moneypen says, it is a protest against the interference in the judicial system by politicians and the media.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 30th 2007 at 9:44 am.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it offensive? It's a slang term. Like how the ozzies call us Poms!

I could have called them :

bacon
rozzers
pigs
old bill
the filth
etc etc....
Having worked with and for the police for many years, I can assure you that a large number of them would find the title offensive.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:19 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
...they believe that police prosecutions should not be decided by politicians...

I thought some ex judge from NSW had been asked to look at it and delivered a verdict that the officer should stand trial...
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39

I thought some ex judge from NSW had been asked to look at it and delivered a verdict that the officer should stand trial...
Yes he did, but then Peter Beattie jumps in and says yes he should but that the DPP should stay. If she was wrong originally and there was enough evidence to convict then she should be fired now. Just because there's an election looming, Beattie shouldn't decide that the original DPP verdict is now wrong and then find someone to agree with him and overturn her verdict.

That's what I understand the police to be complaining about.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:00 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yes he did, but then Peter Beattie jumps in and says yes he should but that the DPP should stay. If she was wrong originally and there was enough evidence to convict then she should be fired now. Just because there's an election looming, Beattie shouldn't decide that the original DPP verdict is now wrong and then find someone to agree with him and overturn her verdict.

That's what I understand the police to be complaining about.
Oh, right... Does seem that the DPP has a somewhat tenuous hold on office... Let's see what happens...!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:20 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Why is it offensive? It's a slang term. Like how the ozzies call us Poms!

I could have called them :

bacon
rozzers
pigs
old bill
the filth
etc etc....
I thought i lhad left all the people like you behind me in the UK....
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:01 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baz
I thought i lhad left all the people like you behind me in the UK....
Sorry to disapoint you bazzer me ol' mate. I know OZ is approaching a police state, but it's not quite there yet.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 2nd 2007 at 11:12 am. Reason: Removal of offensive comment
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:08 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Having worked with and for the police for many years, I can assure you that a large number of them would find the title offensive.
would they? The poor poor rozzers. My heart bleeds for them
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Why are the cops here so aggressive, stand offish and have the carrot up the arse syndrome? Must be that gun?

Have they forgotten they are here to HELP people?
Possibly for the same reasons that you like to describe all police officers in derrogatory terms?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:15 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

would they? The poor poor rozzers. My heart bleeds for them
well Dirk I just hope your hearts not bleeding when you need them....

to be honest, apart from the stupid jay walking laws...found the cops over here really helpful. And yep had to need them on a couple of occasions...
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sloake

to be honest, apart from the stupid jay walking laws...found the cops over here really helpful. And yep had to need them on a couple of occasions...
Are you female with nice legs and tits? Different story if you are an ugly bloke.

I picked up a copy of the paper last night and the front page had a great picture of all the cops at the union discussing the proposed strike.

What struck me was the number of white men (almost all identical looking) and abscence of minorities. Seriously, I don't think I saw ONE asian, black, aboriginal etc etc. Very few women, must be about 10 men to 1 women.

Number of aboriginal coppers? Zero!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake

Also think the jay walking thing is a bit silly. They had a jay walking blitz in the city, Matt's boss got fined twice You think he'd've learnt his lesson the 1st time. Although on another side, my brother witnessed a jay walker get knocked over by a taxi last year. Just my brother describing to me what he saw and heard has stopped me even thinking about jay walking.

j
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

So do we have to mention camel toes or WWII to get this stupid thread finally closed ?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:41 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
So do we have to mention camel toes or WWII to get this stupid thread finally closed ?
I thought because if its personally insulting title it would of been removed ages ago????
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
I thought because if its personally insulting title it would of been removed ages ago????
absolutely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.